Kylix 3 Gentoo 2.6.12 ide freeze

2005-08-11 05:55:52 AM
kylix2
Hi, I have installed Kylix 3 on Gentoo 2.6.12. The ide works, however I have
the Integrated De{*word*81} fault where enabling it freezes the ide.
I would like to get it working, I came from Suse 8.2 and so have not really
followed the kylix 3 compatibility issues until now.
Having deja, everybody seems to recommend export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 .
however this has not helped.
It is a fresh install and I am prepared to put lots of effort in to get it
working.
Regards,
Wayne

Re:Kylix 3 Gentoo 2.6.12 ide freeze

Wayne Bevan wrote:
Hi, I have installed Kylix 3 on Gentoo 2.6.12. The ide works, however I
have the Integrated De{*word*81} fault where enabling it freezes the ide.
With Kernel 2.6.8 the Kylix de{*word*81} worked. But with>=2.6.11 it no more
works (2.6.9,... not tested). Let hope that the Kernel developers fix this
issue.
It is a fresh install and I am prepared to put lots of effort in to get
it working.
It looks like a communication problem between the IDE and the de{*word*81}
process dbk_exe. The de{*word*81} waits for a pipe to be filled but it isn't.
That is what I found out till now.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
With Kernel 2.6.8 the Kylix de{*word*81} worked. But with>=2.6.11 it no more
works (2.6.9,... not tested).
So I can now say more: Kernel 2.6.10 works but 2.6.11 (the one without the
fourth version number) no more works. Unfortunatelly there are 22MB of
patches between these two. Let's see what I can find out. Maybe a bug in
the Kernel, maybe a Kernel patch for us Kylix users.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

{smallsort}

Re:Kylix 3 Gentoo 2.6.12 ide freeze

Hi,
Thank you for your reply. I shall try the 2.6.10 kernel if it will give me
the answer I'm looking for.
It seems to me kylix is alive and well, if this is the quality of knowledge
and support.
Best regards,
Wayne