Kylix 3.0 Crossgrade Reduced to A$193.00

2003-07-23 01:49:45 PM
kylix0
Just saw in the Borland Australia shop: Kylix upgrade to A$193.00. Now
I'm really tempted to get it. I bought K2 but never really did anything
with it.
BTW, has anyone managed to install Kylix with either Knoppix (installed
on the HD) or Xandros? Just curious because I am looking at using this
distros.
--
Cheers,
Phillip Flores

Re:Kylix 3.0 Crossgrade Reduced to A$193.00

Phillip Flores wrote:
Just saw in the Borland Australia shop: Kylix upgrade to A$193.00. Now
I'm really tempted to get it. I bought K2 but never really did anything
with it.
Happy man. :-) A$193 it is somewhere near $90..100 USD? I bought upgrade
from C++ Builder for ~$250 right after K3 was released. So they dropping
prices?
BTW, has anyone managed to install Kylix with either Knoppix (installed
on the HD) or Xandros? Just curious because I am looking at using this
distros.
Better if you will use certified distros. Anyway Mandrake, SuSe, and RedHat
looks good.

"Ender" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Happy man. :-) A$193 it is somewhere near $90..100 USD? I bought upgrade
from C++ Builder for ~$250 right after K3 was released. So they dropping
prices?
A$193 is about US$125
--Rob McDonell

{smallsort}

Re:Kylix 3.0 Crossgrade Reduced to A$193.00

BTW, has anyone managed to install Kylix with either Knoppix (installed
on the HD) or Xandros? Just curious because I am looking at using this
distros.
I'm using K3 on Debian Woody. Intensively...
I plan to migrate my developing env to Debian Unstable through
Knoppix.
I installed Knoppix and kylix on a test machine.
Apparently all is ok, but I can't say I did an intensive test...
Of course Kylix 3 does not use the new features of qt 3.
Bye
Roberto

Ender wrote:
Better if you will use certified distros. Anyway Mandrake, SuSe, and
RedHat looks good.
FWIW Kylix 3 Pro is (was?) about EUR 30.00 here (some SuSE special). And it
runs just fine on Slackware...
--
Ben

Re:Kylix 3.0 Crossgrade Reduced to A$193.00

Phillip Flores < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, wrote these words of
incredible wisdom:
Just saw in the Borland Australia shop: Kylix upgrade to A$193.00. Now
I'm really tempted to get it. I bought K2 but never really did anything
with it.
Expensive..
MS are {*word*132} the upgrade to their development suite for A $ 59

F.F wrote:
Phillip Flores < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >, wrote these words of
incredible wisdom:

>Just saw in the Borland Australia shop: Kylix upgrade to A$193.00. Now
>I'm really tempted to get it. I bought K2 but never really did anything
>with it.

Expensive..

MS are {*word*132} the upgrade to their development suite for A $ 59
I am referring to a Linux development tool not just any development tool.