New CrossKylix Version (0.8.2) released

2004-07-31 05:17:35 AM
kylix2
Sadly this group is rather dead now, but well, maybe some Kylix fans read
it anyway.
I've just released a new CrossKylix version.
Changes since last version:
- Fixed a bug that was causing CrossKylix to hang if dcc did output a lot of
error messages while compiling a project
- The installkylix.exe installer did not install optional packages like dbexpress
- Now uses the GetShortPathName API call for getting short path names for paths
that contain spaces. CrossKylix should now work for projects with spaces in path
names. Also installing CrossKylix to a directory with spaces in it should be fine
now. Thanks to Jim Mckeeth for the idea.
- The strange cygwin1.dll bug that requires a lot of CK users to do a minimal
Cygwin installation still isn't found or fixed. Sigh.
Download 0.8.2 at crosskylix.untergrund.net
Please report bugs, but only after you've read the documentation and
tried to find the problem yourself.
Upgrade instructions for existing CrossKylix testers:
- Remove the crosskylix package from Delphi
- Unzip crosskylix-082.zip over existing files
- If you need the optional Kylix packages not installed
in previous version, re-run crosskylix\installkylix\installkylix.exe
- Compile and install crosskylix.dpk
Thanks for supporting CrossKylix!
Simon

Re:New CrossKylix Version (0.8.2) released

Simon Kissel wrote:
Sadly this group is rather dead now, but well, maybe some Kylix
fans read it anyway.
Fan, just haven't had opportunity to use it for a few years :(
Obviously still reading... <g>
-Brion

Re:New CrossKylix Version (0.8.2) released

Simon,
Thanks to your efforts in creating Cross Kylix. Kylix isomething more to
look at now! I am using Kylix on Linux much like I used the old Turbo
Pascal in DOS days... simple utility programs at first, more complicated
stuff later. I have also been trying my hand at Intraweb w/Kylix and am
waiting for next release of Intraweb.
-Lou
p.s. Borland has touch decisions to make when developing and supporting
products. Hopefully they will take a Risk and move Kyliz further along, or
at least put in in capable hands. I would buy more Borland stock if it would
help.
"Simon Kissel" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Sadly this group is rather dead now, but well, maybe some Kylix fans read
it anyway.
I've just released a new CrossKylix version.

{smallsort}

Re:New CrossKylix Version (0.8.2) released

maybe some Kylix fans read it anyway.
Yes, I have been experimenting with Linux more often, and am starting to try
some Kylix development.
I've just released a new CrossKylix version.
Thanks for sharing your work. I greatly appreciate the efforts of people like
you and Andreas Hausladen.
Best Regards,
Wayne Sherman
Las Vegas