FreeCLX and the old Kylix Compiler

2004-09-17 06:32:47 AM
kylix2
I have seen that Michael Swindell and Allen Bauer are members of the FreeCLX
project.
Will they also force a needed kylix compiler update?

Re:FreeCLX and the old Kylix Compiler

Max wrote:
I have seen that Michael Swindell and Allen Bauer are members of the FreeCLX
project.
Will they also force a needed kylix compiler update?

And statically linked Kylix again glibc/pthread is the right way for
distro compatibility.

Max wrote:

>I have seen that Michael Swindell and Allen Bauer are members of the
>FreeCLX
>project.
>Will they also force a needed kylix compiler update?

And statically linked Kylix again glibc/pthread is the right way for
distro compatibility.
Is Kylix not made correctly on that regard ? I learned that Kylix
applications automatically use the new Thread model when started on a
2.6 system. So they seem to use the current pthread library, which seems
desirable to me.
-Michael

{smallsort}

Re:FreeCLX and the old Kylix Compiler

Is Kylix not made correctly on that regard ? I learned that Kylix
applications automatically use the new Thread model when started on a
2.6 system. So they seem to use the current pthread library, which seems
desirable to me.

-Michael
binary incompatibility between various GLIBC version is the biggest
problem IMHO.