ComboBox

2004-10-17 06:34:01 AM
kylix0
Hi all,
I'm having problem to wok with the ComboBoxes And RadioGroups, when I run
the application e try to select data from the combo with mouse doesnt work
like the Items are empty and radiogroup when i try to move the position
doesnt work to.
Anyone could help me please.
Thanx
Mario

Re:ComboBox

Mario schrieb:
Hi all,
I'm having problem to wok with the ComboBoxes And RadioGroups, when I run
the application e try to select data from the combo with mouse doesnt work
like the Items are empty and radiogroup when i try to move the position
doesnt work to.
Anyone could help me please.
Thanx
Mario

Could you be a bit more precise?
This stuff works for me and I don't know what's different in what you're
doing.

Re:ComboBox

Its look like the components is disable, but i check all the properties and
its doesnt work.
thanx
"theo" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >escreveu na mensagem
Mario schrieb:
Hi all,
I'm having problem to wok with the ComboBoxes And RadioGroups, when I run
the application e try to select data from the combo with mouse doesnt work
like the Items are empty and radiogroup when i try to move the position
doesnt work to.
Anyone could help me please.
Thanx
Mario

Could you be a bit more precise?
This stuff works for me and I don't know what's different in what you're
doing.

{smallsort}

Re:ComboBox

I have just started using BCB 6 and have the following difference
/problem:
When I type "17" (for example) into the text box the system
automatically skips to entries starting with "17" e.g. "171".
With BCB 4 I could do my own numeric edit and get "017" instead of
"171". Is there any way to revert to the BCB4 behaviour?
George

Re:ComboBox

"George" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
When I type "17" (for example) into the text box the system
automatically skips to entries starting with "17" e.g. "171".
TComboBox has an AutoComplete property in BCB6 that is set to true by
default.
With BCB 4 I could do my own numeric edit and get "017"
instead of "171".
TComboBox in BCB4 does not have an AutoComplete property.
Is there any way to revert to the BCB4 behaviour?
Set the AutoComplete property to false.
Gambit

Re:ComboBox

Hi:
I am using BC5.02 and OWLNext.
How do I capture mouse clicks in the *dropdown portion* of a
CBS_DROPDOWNLIST combo-box? I capture the WM_LBUTTONDOWN and WM_LBUTTONUP
messages but I only get them when the mouse is over the selection part of
the combo-box. Any idea how I would get them when the mouse is over the
drop-down portion?
TIA
Marvin Avery

Re:ComboBox

MarvinAvery wrote:
Hi:

I am using BC5.02 and OWLNext.

How do I capture mouse clicks in the *dropdown portion* of a
CBS_DROPDOWNLIST combo-box? I capture the WM_LBUTTONDOWN and WM_LBUTTONUP
messages but I only get them when the mouse is over the selection part of
the combo-box. Any idea how I would get them when the mouse is over the
drop-down portion?

TIA
Marvin Avery

Hello, Marvin,
why you need to catch mouse clicks?
You can try to handle the notifications:
CBN_SELCHANGE, CBN_SELENDOK, CBN_SELENDCANCEL.
Jogy

Re:ComboBox

On Dec 8, 3:16 am, Jogy < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
MarvinAvery wrote:
>Hi:

>I am using BC5.02 and OWLNext.

>How do I capture mouse clicks in the *dropdown portion* of a
>CBS_DROPDOWNLIST combo-box? I capture the WM_LBUTTONDOWN and WM_LBUTTONUP
>messages but I only get them when the mouse is over the selection part of
>the combo-box. Any idea how I would get them when the mouse is over the
>drop-down portion?

>TIA
>Marvin AveryHello, Marvin,

why you need to catch mouse clicks?

You can try to handle the notifications:
CBN_SELCHANGE, CBN_SELENDOK, CBN_SELENDCANCEL.

Jogy
Because I want to change the mouse cursor when the user has the left
mouse button pressed. And change it back when the user "unpresses" the
button.

Re:ComboBox

Marvin wrote:

On Dec 8, 3:16 am, Jogy < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>MarvinAvery wrote:
>>Hi:
>>I am using BC5.02 and OWLNext.
>>How do I capture mouse clicks in the *dropdown portion* of a
>>CBS_DROPDOWNLIST combo-box? I capture the WM_LBUTTONDOWN and WM_LBUTTONUP
>>messages but I only get them when the mouse is over the selection part of
>>the combo-box. Any idea how I would get them when the mouse is over the
>>drop-down portion?
>>TIA
>>Marvin AveryHello, Marvin,
>why you need to catch mouse clicks?
>
>You can try to handle the notifications:
>CBN_SELCHANGE, CBN_SELENDOK, CBN_SELENDCANCEL.
>
>Jogy

Because I want to change the mouse cursor when the user has the left
mouse button pressed. And change it back when the user "unpresses" the
button.

Hello,
Try to get the window handle of the list box of the ComboBox and to
intercept it's messages.
Catch CBN_DROPDOWN, it's sent when the list box is about to be
displayed, then use CB_GETCOMBOBOXINFO (WinXP and latest only)
to get the handle of the drop-down list
Jogy

Re:ComboBox

"Jogy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Hello,

Try to get the window handle of the list box of the ComboBox and to
intercept it's messages.
How do I do that? I am using Win2K. I know how to get the handle of the
"edit control" of the combox. Is getting the handle of the list box similar?

news:457d49bd$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...
>Hello,
>
>Try to get the window handle of the list box of the ComboBox and to
>intercept it's messages.

How do I do that? I am using Win2K. I know how to get the handle of the
"edit control" of the combox. Is getting the handle of the list box similar?

I think so, the difference probably is that the list box does not always
exist, it can be created only when needed, that's why you can do it in
response to CBN_DROPDOWN notification.
>Catch CBN_DROPDOWN, it's sent when the list box is about to be
>displayed, then use CB_GETCOMBOBOXINFO (WinXP and latest only)
>to get the handle of the drop-down list

Re:ComboBox

"Jogy" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>>Catch CBN_DROPDOWN, it's sent when the list box is about to be
>>displayed, then use CB_GETCOMBOBOXINFO (WinXP and latest only)
>>to get the handle of the drop-down list
Do you know the "value" of CB_GETCOMBOBOXINFO so I can #define it. It is not
included with BC5.02 or OWL6. Also, will it work under Win2K?
Marvin

Re:ComboBox

#define CB_GETCOMBOBOXINFO 0x0164
This is supported by Windows XP and above. BC++ 5.02 is from 1996 so cannot
be expected to have that macro.
. Ed
news:457ececd$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...

Ed Mulroy wrote:
#define CB_GETCOMBOBOXINFO 0x0164

This is supported by Windows XP and above. BC++ 5.02 is from 1996 so cannot
be expected to have that macro.

. Ed

You're right. I tried using CB_GETCOMBOBOXINFO and it did not work.
However, when googgling it, I came upon a trick: by catching the
WM_CTLCOLORLISTBOX message, one can get the handle of the listbox when
it appears. I tried it and it works (under all versions of Windows).
Marvin

Re:ComboBox

On a WEB Page, how can I detect with JSP when I select one item on a ComboBox?