Re: CrossKylix and unofficial patches

2004-11-10 05:47:52 AM
kylix0
May be a dumb question: Can anybody give me some advice on how to
incorporate the unofficial patches into crosskylix 1.0?
According to Andreas, all you need is take the Kylix 3 version of
the unofficial patches, and get yourself a Windows version of the
gnu patch util.
A part of various common unix utilities including patch can be found
here: unxutils.sourceforge.net/
Please let me know the result, I didn't test it myself yet. If this
works for you, I'll add a description on this to the CrossKylix
website. Possibly I'll add the option to install the patch suite
automatically to a future CrossKylix version.
Simon

Re:Re: CrossKylix and unofficial patches

Simon Kissel wrote:
I'm currently changing the Windows VCLX patching utility for CrossKylix
compatibility.
But there are two issus: It will only compile .dcu files. So no .dpu files
are compiled. And it will not compile the bplvisualclx.so and
bplvisualdbclx.so.
So the best way is to apply the patch under Linux and copy the lib and
source directory to your Windows machine.
So I think it is not worth the work to change the patch utility.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Re: CrossKylix and unofficial patches

May be a dumb question: Can anybody give me some advice on how to
incorporate the unofficial patches into crosskylix 1.0?
Thanks

{smallsort}

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
It will only compile .dcu files. So no .dpu
Solved.
But I will not write the code to compile the vclx packages.
Direct link: tinyurl.com/5rhw9
www.kylix-patch.de.vu
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Re: CrossKylix and unofficial patches

Andreas,
I'm currently changing the Windows VCLX patching utility for CrossKylix
compatibility.

But there are two issus: It will only compile .dcu files. So no .dpu files
are compiled. And it will not compile the bplvisualclx.so and
bplvisualdbclx.so.

So the best way is to apply the patch under Linux and copy the lib and
source directory to your Windows machine.

So I think it is not worth the work to change the patch utility.
Hm. Sorry, but I'm not really able to follow you ;)
Please define "it".
Simon

Re:Re: CrossKylix and unofficial patches

Simon Kissel wrote:
Please define "it".
>It will only compile .dcu files. So no .dpu
>And it will not compile the bplvisualclx.so...
It: The Windows VisualCLX patch utility.
>So I think it is not worth the work to change the patch utility.
It: simply meant as "it".
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Re: CrossKylix and unofficial patches

>>It will only compile .dcu files. So no .dpu
>>And it will not compile the bplvisualclx.so...

It: The Windows VisualCLX patch utility.

>>So I think it is not worth the work to change the patch utility.

It: simply meant as "it".
Warning: Possible infinite recursion detected. :)
Ok, thanks.
Do you minding sending "it" to me so I can integrate "it" into the
CrossKylix installer?

Simon Kissel wrote:
Do you minding sending "it" to me so I can integrate "it" into the
CrossKylix installer?
You can download the sourcecode and the 3.6 patch files from
www.kylix-patch.de.vu
Direct link: tinyurl.com/5rhw9
But keep in mind that not everybody want the patches. So a checkbox in the
installer would be ideal.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Re: CrossKylix and unofficial patches

You can download the sourcecode and the 3.6 patch files from
www.kylix-patch.de.vu
Direct link: tinyurl.com/5rhw9

But keep in mind that not everybody want the patches. So a checkbox in the
installer would be ideal.
Thanks, will do that.
Simon

Re:Re: CrossKylix and unofficial patches

Wow!
Mr. Kissel and Mr. Hausladen for President!
German software technology does work!