Integrated Debugging SuSe 9.3

2005-08-31 11:21:51 PM
kylix1
Hi,
When Itegrated debugging is turned on running an application from the
IDE freezes the IDE.
Has someone found a way around this problem?
thanks,
siegs

Re:Integrated Debugging SuSe 9.3

siegfriedn wrote:
Has someone found a way around this problem?
Downgrade to a kernel 2.6.10. The 2.6.11 does not work for the integrated
de{*word*81}.
I tried to find the change between 2.6.10 and 2.6.11 which prevent the
de{*word*81} from working but there are too many changes. And I do not have
any hint what is going wrong because you cannot debug a de{*word*81}.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Integrated Debugging SuSe 9.3

Thanks Andreas,
Have you tried it with kernel 2.6.13 yet?
siegs

{smallsort}

siegfriedn wrote:
Have you tried it with kernel 2.6.13 yet?
No.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Integrated Debugging SuSe 9.3

>Have you tried it with kernel 2.6.13 yet?

..
For the record - I tried now with a 2.6.13 kernel and it still freezes :(
Back to 2.6.10 kernel then..

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
Downgrade to a kernel 2.6.10. The 2.6.11 does not work for the integrated
de{*word*81}.
I tried to find the change between 2.6.10 and 2.6.11 which prevent the
de{*word*81} from working but there are too many changes. And I do not have
any hint what is going wrong because you cannot debug a de{*word*81}.
I'd like to help out where I can, but it's difficult to test for
differences in behaviour when I myself have never ever gotten the
integrated de{*word*81} to work ;-/.
I've browsed the BK changesets between 2.6.10 and 2.6.11.
The following three changes poked me in the eye:
====================================
<torvalds>[cset 1.1938.486.3]
x86: common send_sigtrap helper for debug event SIGTRAP's,
and use that for system call single-step events.
This one also gets the user mode test right, and makes sure
the siginfo is not leaking any stack contents.
<torvalds>[cset 1.1938.486.4]
x86: be a lot more careful about TF handling.
This should fix Wine for some games that otherwise
seem to think that they run under a de{*word*81}.
<torvalds>[cset 1.1938.486.5]
x86: single-step over "popf" without corrupting state.
This still leaves "pushf" able to see that somebody is
single-stepping us, but that is at least something you
can work around.
====================================
The above changes seemed to go in as early as 2.6.11-rc1, so if it's
the culprit, presumably rc1 won't work either.
Could any of you who has the integrated de{*word*81} in a working state
try:
- Download 2.6.11 RC1 and test that it also fails
- Download the above mentioned diff's from linux.bkbits.net,
revert them and try once again?
For reference, the discussion leading to the above patches can be found
here:
www.winehq.com/

On 3 Sep 2005 09:50:03 -0700, XXXX@XXXXX.COM wrote:
I'd like to help out where I can, but it's difficult to test for
differences in behaviour when I myself have never ever gotten the
integrated de{*word*81} to work ;-/.
Hoi Molle
You need to repost your answer on the Borland news server, otherwise
Siegfriedn, Andreas Hausladen + everybody else will never see your answer.
Take a look here:
<tinyurl.com/8m5nw>
which links to
<delphi.wikicities.com/wiki/Delphi_Newsgroups>