Re: Switching between form and code

2005-04-15 06:30:00 AM
kylix1
Philip E. Jurgenson wrote:
I've been having an odd IDE problem with Kylix 3 (Delphi only). I'm
using Gentoo, kernel 2.4.28, KDE 3.3.2, Xorg 6.8.2.

..
for what it's worth I am havin ght esame issue with Suse 9.2.
you can also close the xfm file after designing then F12 works - 'once
more' again..
siegs

Re:Re: Switching between form and code

I've been having an odd IDE problem with Kylix 3 (Delphi only). I'm
using Gentoo, kernel 2.4.28, KDE 3.3.2, Xorg 6.8.2.
The problem is this: when Kylix first starts and loads the last project
I was working on, I can use F12 to switch from the displayed form to
the code for the form, or vice versa if the code is showing and there's
an associated form. However, it works only once! If I try to toggle
back and forth between form and code after that, nothing happens - not
with F12 nor by clicking on the appropriate toolbar icon. The only way
I can see a form is to pick it from the appropriate window list on
KDE's taskbar, and the same with going from a form back to code.
This drives me nuts, and definitely lessens my desire to do much
development with Kylix.
This behavior wasn't always that way, but I cannot remember if it
started doing that when I upgraded KDE from 3.2 ->3.3, or when I
replaced XFree86 with Xorg.
If anybody has a clue about how to fix this (or whether it can be
fixed), I'd appreciate hearing about it!
Thanks,
Phil

Philip E. Jurgenson wrote:
This behavior wasn't always that way, but I cannot remember if it
started doing that when I upgraded KDE from 3.2 ->3.3, or when I
replaced XFree86 with Xorg.
KDE 3.1 had no problems. And under Gnome 2.6 it works correctly. The KDE
team must have changed something in the WM that the underlying WineLib
used.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
Philip E. Jurgenson wrote:

>This behavior wasn't always that way, but I cannot remember if it
>started doing that when I upgraded KDE from 3.2 ->3.3, or when I
>replaced XFree86 with Xorg.

KDE 3.1 had no problems. And under Gnome 2.6 it works correctly. The
KDE team must have changed something in the WM that the underlying
WineLib used.
KDE 3.2 had no problems, either - I tried it in an installation of SUSE
9.1 running in VirtualPC, and it worked fine there.
I was wondering whether it was KDE 3.3, or Xorg that causes the
problem, though...
Are you using Xorg or XFree86 with your Gnome 2.6 system?

Philip E. Jurgenson wrote:
Are you using Xorg or XFree86
I use Xorg.
with your Gnome 2.6 system?
I do not use Gnome because of personal preferences. But as a programmer
you must also look at the other side of the fences :-)
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
Philip E. Jurgenson wrote:

>Are you using Xorg or XFree86

I use Xorg.

>with your Gnome 2.6 system?

I do not use Gnome because of personal preferences. But as a
programmer you must also look at the other side of the fences :-)
Definitely, that's a good thing!
Have you seen the behavior I described with KDE?

Philip E. Jurgenson wrote:
Have you seen the behavior I described with KDE?
Yes and I hate it. But pressing CTRL+A brings the active form into
foreground.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Philip E. Jurgenson wrote:
[...]

With KDE you can fix it by choosing:
Configure your desktop ->LookNFeel ->Window Behavior ->Advanced ->
Focus Stealing ... : None
Paulo Costa

Re:Re: Switching between form and code

Paulo Costa wrote:
..
With KDE you can fix it by choosing:

Configure your desktop ->LookNFeel ->Window Behavior ->Advanced ->
Focus Stealing ... : None

Excellent! Thanks Paulo! :))

siegfriedn wrote:
Paulo Costa wrote:
>..
>With KDE you can fix it by choosing:
>
>Configure your desktop ->LookNFeel ->Window Behavior ->Advanced
>->Focus Stealing ... : None

Excellent! Thanks Paulo! :))

siegs
Yes, my thanks as well. I should have posted here before, Paulo also
emailed me to tell me about this. I didn't know about this one,
either...
Phil