Re: Structs (was: The future..)

2004-01-17 09:05:31 PM
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:41:33 UTC, pNichols < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >
Peter Agricola wrote:

>"pNichols" wrote:
>>Struts cannot contain methods for one thing, another is the way that they
>>are instantiated and destroyed. Objects have scope and
>>constructors/destructors which defines instantiation and the cleanup of
>>that Object.
>Structs can have methods, constructors and destructors.
Hmm, ok, was not aware that structs in C++ could have methods. I will have
to research that one. Thanks for info. C++ is not our primary language. In
fact we are pretty rusty, at this point and time <G>. We only use it for
some low level native operations, or utilities, or for JNI.

You're not alone, I learnt that the other day, while trying to
implement a function object from examples. My first concept of "class"
was actually "struct/record with functions", as I read a book about
Excel programming back in 1996.
Per Johansson
Systems developer