Board index » kylix » Is this real & right?

Is this real & right?


2005-06-02 11:10:36 PM
kylix0
I found theese news .......
www.itweek.co.uk/vnunet/news/2111224/corel-buys-inprise-borland-target-linux
www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,393584,00.asp?rsDis=Borland_Ramps_up_Linux_Development-Page001-29366
Shall I forget a possible Kylix (Delphi) update sometime in the future???
Cheers. Peter Holm.
 
 

Re:Is this real & right?

El Thu, 02 Jun 2005 17:10:36 +0200, Fylgje escribi?
Quote

I found theese news .......

www.itweek.co.uk/vnunet/news/2111224/corel-buys-inprise-borland-target-linux

Shall I forget a possible Kylix (Delphi) update sometime in the future???

Cheers. Peter Holm.
Sorry the right line is this one, the other one is from 2002
www.itweek.co.uk/vnunet/news/2111224/corel-buys-inprise-borland-target-linux
Peter Holm.
 

Re:Is this real & right?

Quote
Sorry the right line is this one, the other one is from 2002
and this one says :
Corel buys Inprise/Borland to target Linux
Canadian desktop software developer, Corel, is to acquire software tools
company Inprise/Borland for $1.071 billion in stock, creating a combined
company valued at $2.44 billion.
Jonathan Lambeth, vnunet.com 07 Feb 2000
....................
 

{smallsort}

Re:Is this real & right?

Am I missing something? Wouldn't the stated "Emphasis on Linux" and
attempt to double revenues related to Linux-based products actually be
an incentive for Borland to get back to Kylix? Couldn't this be
considered (possibly) a good thing?
-EP
Fylgje wrote:
Quote
I found theese news .......

www.itweek.co.uk/vnunet/news/2111224/corel-buys-inprise-borland-target-linux
www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,393584,00.asp?rsDis=Borland_Ramps_up_Linux_Development-Page001-29366

Shall I forget a possible Kylix (Delphi) update sometime in the future???

Cheers. Peter Holm.
 

Re:Is this real & right?

zeljko wrote:
Quote
>Sorry the right line is this one, the other one is from 2002


and this one says :
Corel buys Inprise/Borland to target Linux

Canadian desktop software developer, Corel, is to acquire software tools
company Inprise/Borland for $1.071 billion in stock, creating a combined
company valued at $2.44 billion.
Jonathan Lambeth, vnunet.com 07 Feb 2000

....................
Uh, isn't this story 5 years old?
 

Re:Is this real & right?

Ed Purkiss wrote:
Quote
Am I missing something?
Like the fact that one of the links is from 2002 and one is from 2000?
 

Re:Is this real & right?

Wow, complete embarrassment. Perhaps I shouldn't be coding today...
Thanks for the reality,
-EP
Harry Barclay wrote:
Quote
Ed Purkiss wrote:

>Am I missing something?


Like the fact that one of the links is from 2002 and one is from 2000?

 

Re:Is this real & right?

Quote
I found theese news .......
ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/positive7.jpg
 

Re:Is this real & right?

El Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:21:30 -0500, Harry Barclay escribi?
Quote
Ed Purkiss wrote:
>Am I missing something?

Like the fact that one of the links is from 2002 and one is from 2000?
I am sorry...... I looked only to the top page's date and it's
from today.....(2 Jun 2005, right side of RSS and site map ...)
not to the date on the side of the author's name.....
(I need to sleep a little bit more :) )
Peter Holm.
 

Re:Is this real & right?

Fylgje wrote:
Quote

I found theese news .......


www.itweek.co.uk/vnunet/news/2111224/corel-buys-inprise-borland-target-linux

www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,393584,00.asp?rsDis=Borland_Ramps_up_Linux_Development-Page001-29366

Shall I forget a possible Kylix (Delphi) update sometime in the
future???

Cheers. Peter Holm.
I appreciated it - made me look, then made me laugh. Reminds you just how
bad things got for a while.
-Brion
 

Re:Is this real & right?

Fylgje wrote:
Quote
Sorry the right line is this one, the other one is from 2002

www.itweek.co.uk/vnunet/news/2111224/corel-buys-inprise-borland
-target-linux

...and that one is from 2000. Sorry, but you appear to be in a time
warp.
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
 

Re:Is this real & right?

Simon Kissel wrote:
Quote
>I found theese news .......

ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/positive7.jpg
Hehe... saved for future reference <g>
--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
 

Re:Is this real & right?

Eddy Valdes wrote:
Quote
>Jonathan Lambeth, vnunet.com 07 Feb 2000
>
>....................
Uh, isn't this story 5 years old?
That's what I'm talking about ;)