Debugging in Kylix Part II - a useful resource

2004-11-11 09:23:45 PM
kylix0
I just found this on the net::-
www.undu.com/Articles/010729d.html
.... relating to how to get an exception address into line number, procedure
name etc from the map file. This resource relates to Delphi, but I suspect a
similar implementation in Kylix, so I think this might help me get things up
and running.
If I get anywhere, I'll post up some source for a ".map file to line and
unit number" project in Kylix. I think a lot of people might find it handy.
Dean

Re:Debugging in Kylix Part II - a useful resource

Just found this too:-
www.drbob42.com/delphi/findmap.htm
.... which might well do the trick for me. It appears the offset and other
information is all in the .map file.
Will be testing later and I'll report back if it works.
Dean