Re: just thinking..

2005-01-11 06:01:38 PM
kylix2
If one wants to use a bloated, buggy, slow "managed" solution use Java.
At least it has some cross platform capability and is still well
supported by Boralnd. (They are making the entry level version of
JBuilder available for commercial rather than personal only use again.)

Re:Re: just thinking..

On 2005-01-09, Michael Schnell < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>>>or qt designer + gcc , or
>>>at least vi & gcc ;)
>>>

>>good for you, if you don't need to support a large code base that has
>>been written in Delhi.
>

>Did you already test run your codebase with Delphi.NET.

Of course not. But supposedly it would be easier than converting it to
either of designer + gcc or vi & gcc.
Then use lazarus+lcl. Not perfect, but not from scratch either, and the
linux support is not a phantom.

Re:Re: just thinking..

On 2005-01-10, Michael Schnell < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
>Novell already released a desktop solution based on Mono.

called "iFolder3"
Roaming desktop dir based on filesharing. One 1MB csharp code.
Hardly a "solution" comparable to Kylix or VCL.NET frameworks.
Such utils are writable in pretty much everything.
Moreover, it uses gtk#, not winforms.

{smallsort}

Re:Re: just thinking..

>>>good for you, if you don't need to support a large code base that has
>>>been written in Delhi.
>>

>>Did you already test run your codebase with Delphi.NET.
>
>Of course not. But supposedly it would be easier than converting it to
>either of designer + gcc or vi & gcc.

Then use lazarus+lcl. Not perfect, but not from scratch either, and the
linux support is not a phantom.
That is what I wanted to point out with that. Maybe Chrome comes into
the play, too.
-Michael