CrossKylix 1.0.0 released

2004-10-28 06:23:42 AM
kylix2
Hi,
according to all the feedback I got the 0.9.x series of CrossKylix
has proven to be rock-stable, so it's now about time to do the
first non-beta release - CrossKylix 1.0.0 is here.
Here's the list of changes since 0.9.1:
- Added "output directory" to CrossKylix options
- Moved Kylix-paths to the top of the .conf file. This fixes the problem that if "Use Debug
DCUs" was enabled in Delphis project options, Kylix tried to use those dcus (which failed).
This used to be a common problem for many first-time users.
- Added missing translation for -LU switch, which made compiling packages fail
- Compile dialog now uses FileCtrl.MinimizeName to shorten the path name displayed - looks
better
- The CK menu items now will only be enabled if you have a compilable project open. For
Delphi 2005 it will only be enabled if the current personality is set to Delphi.
- The ckdcc command line compiler now will display some own usage information additional
to the native dcc one
- ckdcc now also works when installed into a path with a space character in it. Compiling
projects with spaces in their paths still is begging for trouble, though.
- Delphi 2005 now is officially supported
You may download the new version from crosskylix.untergrund.net/crosskylix-100.zip
Existing users of 0.9.0 and 0.9.1 may update their installation by
downloading
crosskylix.untergrund.net/ckupdate100.zip and unzipping this WITH
PATH NAMES to your CrossKylix installation directory. Then recompile
the CrossKylix IDE plugin package CrossKylix.dpk, and you are done.
(This update only works if your previously have installed 0.9.X, it
does NOT work with older CrossKylix releases).
Please notice that crosskylix.untergrund.net/ also has
been updated.
Next I'll investigate the possibility to add a Linux remote de{*word*81}
to CrossKylix. We'll see...
Regards,
Simon Kissel
crosskylix.untergrund.net

Re:CrossKylix 1.0.0 released

Good work Simon - thanks again for your efforts - they are appreciated ;-)
>Next I'll investigate the possibility to add a Linux remote de{*word*81}
>to CrossKylix. We'll see...
Yes, please please please please please :-)
Dean

Re:CrossKylix 1.0.0 released

Simon Kissel wrote:

[...]

Great piece of work!
Thanks for integrating my wish! It runs like clockwork! I also look
forward to the debugging features...
Micha

{smallsort}

Re:CrossKylix 1.0.0 released

Please direct your browser at info.borland.com/newsgroups/ and read
the newsgroup guidelines. One of them asks us not to quote entire posts we
are following up to; instead, please trim the quotes to the parts relevant
for your reply. Thanks!

Re:CrossKylix 1.0.0 released

Thomas Maeder [TeamB] wrote:
...instead, please trim the quotes to the parts relevant
for your reply. Thanks!
Sorry!