D6 + K3 ?

2003-10-30 03:11:43 AM
kylix0
We have Delphi 6 Ent. and got Delphi 7 Studio Ent. We have an app being
maintained under D6, and I installed D7 but we had problems with that port, so
we went back to D6. Now we want to move the app over to Kylix. So I installed
Kylix 3 from the D7 package onto the Linux box.
Can D6+CLX be used to develop stuff that runs under K3?
Also, are there any articles around that discuss the intricacies of porting
Delphi VCL apps over to CLX?
-David

Re:D6 + K3 ?

D>We have Delphi 6 Ent. and got Delphi 7 Studio Ent. We have an app
D>being maintained under D6, and I installed D7 but we had problems
D>with that port, so we went back to D6. Now we want to move the app
D>over to Kylix. So I installed
D>Kylix 3 from the D7 package onto the Linux box.
D>Can D6+CLX be used to develop stuff that runs under K3?
D>Also, are there any articles around that discuss the intricacies of
D>porting Delphi VCL apps over to CLX?
Would you like to read Quality Central for Kylix bugs collection? Do you
*really* need to port anything on Kylix?