If not Kylix then what... I NEED Kylix...

2003-11-14 04:24:26 AM
kylix2
I don't understand why Kylix isn't more successful and why there is talk
(rumors, FUD) about Borland dropping it.
I've been using BCPPB for about 2 years ago on Windows machines.
While I hate Windows, I love BCPPB. I/we must have turned out 20
small/medium sized apps that work perfectly in that period of time. I
absolutely LOVE BCPPB and could not live without it.
I migrated to Linux (RH8, 9) about a year ago. I installed Kylix 3 and
fell in love again, although I've yet to do much development with it.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Borland, DO NOT ABANDON KYLIX. Furthermore,
consider this: Linux is the platform of the future and we need something
better than what is currently available for development... if you stick
with Kylix you'll own the Linux development market.
So... I am just about to start a new development project. If I don't use
Kylix, what should I use, IDE wise and class wise ? Glade ? KDevelop ?
Is there another product available for Linux that is anywhere nearly as
good as Kylix ?
Thanks