duplicate resource id

2005-04-26 04:27:55 PM
kylix0
Component is installed ok, but when I drop it on my form and try to compile
I get next message:
[Error] Duplicate resource id: type 1 id 1
I know that there's problem with duplicate id's under kylix, but is there
any way to change resource file of this component or anything else so it
can be used.
I've found same problem with VirtualTree components.
tnx

Re:duplicate resource id

zeljko wrote:
..
I've found same problem with VirtualTree components.

..
Make sure you have only one resource file per project. You may need to
use a resource editor to append the resource images from a 3rd party
one. You need to explicitly load this resource file in each project dpr.
I have created one which works with VR.
Remove the res files in the VR source. Hack the VR treeview source to
remove all the references to items in the VR treeview and replace them
with Kylix ones. In particular the Cursors. Use the Compiler to find them.
If you need more specific info reply to this message..
Very very frustrating I know! :( For me this is in the top worst Kylix
bug/shortcomming..
siegs

Re:duplicate resource id

zeljko wrote:
Component is installed ok, but when I drop it on my form and try to
compile I get next message:
[Error] Duplicate resource id: type 1 id 1
type 1 is RT_CURSOR
Kylix has a problem with cursor resources. And the best is that you cannot
use the win-cursors. The last time I had this problem I edited the .res
files and removed every cursor resource (after making a backup of the .res
file)
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

{smallsort}

Re:duplicate resource id

Andreas Hausladen wrote:
zeljko wrote:

>Component is installed ok, but when I drop it on my form and try to
>compile I get next message:
>[Error] Duplicate resource id: type 1 id 1

type 1 is RT_CURSOR

Kylix has a problem with cursor resources. And the best is that you cannot
use the win-cursors. The last time I had this problem I edited the .res
files and removed every cursor resource (after making a backup of the .res
file)
tnx, I've already deleted cursor from res file and everything seem to work
OK ;)