Windows.Forms

2005-06-24 03:12:24 AM
kylix0
Have you noticed that Mono's System.Windows.Forms is due to Q3 2005 ?
Personnaly think Borland should come out with a dual framework Kylix:
CLX/Qt & CLX.Net
Didier

Re:Windows.Forms

Didier Largange wrote:
Have you noticed that Mono's System.Windows.Forms is due to Q3 2005 ?
Personnaly think Borland should come out with a dual framework Kylix:
CLX/Qt & CLX.Net

Didier
Did you take a look at Chrome ?
I t seems that using Delphi source code on .NET in a _decent_ way
requests for more than just recompiling (e.g. "free" in .NET does not
make sense because of the inherent garbage control system and strings
are read-only constructs in .NET (or need a clumsy and slow kind of
library-based reimplementation).
-Michael

Re:Windows.Forms

Did you take a look at Chrome ?
Yes, since the begining. Very nice.
I t seems that using Delphi source code on .NET in a _decent_ way
requests for more than just recompiling (e.g. "free" in .NET does not
make sense because of the inherent garbage control system and strings
are read-only constructs in .NET (or need a clumsy and slow kind of
library-based reimplementation).
I'm not very interested in .Net. What I may use is it's cross platform
capabilities throught Mono. I'm still Win32 based and I think it will
take much time for a necessary move. I just look for the most easy way
to cross-compile my applications to Linux and MacOS. Perfomance is not a
concern.
If I had no choice but going .Net only, I would undoubtly choose
Chrome's Pascal. But I'm self employed, so I have the choice to keep my
VCL (and Delphi) :)
Didier

{smallsort}

Re:Windows.Forms

Didier Largange < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in news:42d28823
@newsgroups.borland.com:
I'm not very interested in .Net. What I may use is it's cross platform
capabilities throught Mono. I'm still Win32 based and I think it will
take much time for a necessary move. I just look for the most easy way
to cross-compile my applications to Linux and MacOS. Perfomance is not a
concern.
Ive been playing with Mono lately, and its very nice and the future looks very promising indeed.
Blogs: www.hower.org/kudzu/blogs