New language features

2005-06-03 11:33:36 PM
jbuilder0
My group bought 4 copies of JBuilder X and now that JDK 5.0 includes new language features (Generics, enum, etc.) that we want to use, the IDE does not support it. Is there an update just for these new language features? or a workaround for it? Upgrading to JBuilder 2005 is not an option, we really do not care for the added features of the JBuilder 2005 other than the support for language enhancements?
Thank you.

Re:New language features

Alex wrote:
My group bought 4 copies of JBuilder X and now that JDK 5.0 includes
new language features (Generics, enum, etc.) that we want to use, the
IDE does not support it. Is there an update just for these new
language features? or a workaround for it? Upgrading to JBuilder
2005 is not an option, we really do not care for the added features
of the JBuilder 2005 other than the support for language
enhancements?

Thank you.
Basically, no. JBX came out long before JDK 5 was released. There is
an OpenTool on CodeCentral that lets you compile use JDK 5, but your
editor will show all error squiggles for the JDK 5 specific stuff, so
I'm not sure how useful that is.
You might want to try JBuilder 2005 Foundation, since it is free.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]