automatic semicolons and brackets

2005-01-04 08:39:00 PM
jbuilder19
I know this sounds like a newbie question, and it probably has a simple
solution...but I can't find it.
The IDE automatically inserts a close bracket & semicolon at the end of each
line, and doesn't "typeover" those automatic insertions when I type them
myself. I am continually having to either hit the delete key a couple of
times at the end of each line, or I have to take my mouse and click the end
of the line (ie past the semicolon) before I can press enter to start a new
line.
I can't seem to find out how to turn off this "feature". Could someone take
4 seconds and tell me how? Thanks!