JBuilder 2008 trial on iMac

2008-05-02 04:23:32 PM
jbuilder9
Hello,
I have installed a trial of JBuilder 2008 on my iMac (2.4 GHz Intel, 1
GB), because Delphi is still not available for this platform. But this
application is very slow.
I added some Swing components on a UI frame. This takes 3 seconds per
handling: positioning and waiting, sizing and waiting, double clicking
and waiting, ....
How can I get JBuilder running 10 times faster ?
Are there some local database examples with Firebird ?
Thanks,
Hubert

Re:JBuilder 2008 trial on iMac

Hubert Anemaat wrote:
Hello,

I have installed a trial of JBuilder 2008 on my iMac (2.4 GHz Intel, 1
GB), because Delphi is still not available for this platform. But this
application is very slow.
I added some Swing components on a UI frame. This takes 3 seconds per
handling: positioning and waiting, sizing and waiting, double clicking
and waiting, ....
How can I get JBuilder running 10 times faster ?
Add 4 times the RAM. Seriously, I would at least double the RAM in that
machine, if you plan on running JBuilder. The minimum specs are just
that... minimum. They do not guarantee the applicaiton will run fast,
just that it will run.

Are there some local database examples with Firebird ?

Thanks,
Hubert
I'm not a Firebird user. You probably need to ask about that in a
Firebird group.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:JBuilder 2008 trial on iMac

Firebird is not supported in Eclipse. Because of that you can't connect
to firebird database from Eclipse. Connection using JDBC will work but
you can't browse the tables in database explorer.
The reason is that Eclipse makes the assumption that all databases have
Schema. Firebird does not have schema.
Doychin
Hubert Anemaat wrote:
Hello,

I have installed a trial of JBuilder 2008 on my iMac (2.4 GHz Intel, 1
GB), because Delphi is still not available for this platform. But this
application is very slow.
I added some Swing components on a UI frame. This takes 3 seconds per
handling: positioning and waiting, sizing and waiting, double clicking
and waiting, ....
How can I get JBuilder running 10 times faster ?

Are there some local database examples with Firebird ?

Thanks,
Hubert

{smallsort}

Re:JBuilder 2008 trial on iMac

Hello Lori,
Yesterday, I compared Sun NetBeans and JBuilder 2008 Trial. NetBeans is
superfast. It is a total difference !
I wonder if adding 3GB RAM will solve the speed problem of JBuilder.
Hubert Anemaat
Lori M Olson [TeamB] schreef:
Hubert Anemaat wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have installed a trial of JBuilder 2008 on my iMac (2.4 GHz Intel, 1
>GB), because Delphi is still not available for this platform. But this
>application is very slow.
>I added some Swing components on a UI frame. This takes 3 seconds per
>handling: positioning and waiting, sizing and waiting, double clicking
>and waiting, ....
>How can I get JBuilder running 10 times faster ?

Add 4 times the RAM. Seriously, I would at least double the RAM in that
machine, if you plan on running JBuilder. The minimum specs are just
that... minimum. They do not guarantee the applicaiton will run fast,
just that it will run.

>Are there some local database examples with Firebird ?
>
>Thanks,
>Hubert

I'm not a Firebird user. You probably need to ask about that in a
Firebird group.

Re:JBuilder 2008 trial on iMac

Thank you !
Hubert

Hubert Anemaat wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have installed a trial of JBuilder 2008 on my iMac (2.4 GHz Intel, 1
>GB), because Delphi is still not available for this platform. But this
>application is very slow.
>I added some Swing components on a UI frame. This takes 3 seconds per
>handling: positioning and waiting, sizing and waiting, double clicking
>and waiting, ....
>How can I get JBuilder running 10 times faster ?
>
>Are there some local database examples with Firebird ?
>
>Thanks,
>Hubert

Re:JBuilder 2008 trial on iMac

Hubert Anemaat wrote:
Thank you !

Hubert

Doychin Bondzhev schreef:
>Firebird is not supported in Eclipse. Because of that you can't
>connect to firebird database from Eclipse. Connection using JDBC will
>work but you can't browse the tables in database explorer.
null
Bad design... Netbeans will enable you to browse any tables. Relying on
DatabaseMetaData class at the Schema level alone is a bad design, period,
Not sure this is correct, but if it is, I would suggest modification of
this class.

Re:JBuilder 2008 trial on iMac

I'm not sure but I hope this will change with new Eclipse release.
Doychin