Editing Jdbtable column

2004-06-30 01:57:43 AM
jbuilder14
Hi,
In jdbtable if user need to edit a column to start editing they need to type twice or double click.. is there any way to make the column activate as soon as they start typing.
for example: In jdbtable 1st column has picklist so if they have to select "Orange" they have to type "o" twice.
thanks,

Re:Editing Jdbtable column

"Vani S" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

In jdbtable if user need to edit a column to start editing they need to type twice or double click.. is there any way to make the column activate as soon as they start typing.

for example: In jdbtable 1st column has picklist so if they have to select "Orange" they have to type "o" twice.

thanks,
I guess I solved this problem myself not sure if this is the correct way. So far I dont' have any side effects.
I am overriding changeselection method in jdbtable.
JdbTable jdbTable1 = new JdbTable(){
public void changeSelection(final int row, final int column, boolean toggle, boolean extend)
{ super.changeSelection(row, column, toggle, extend);
if (editCellAt(row, column)){
getEditorComponent().requestFocusInWindow();
}
}
}};
but one strange behavior is when jdbcombobox is itemeditor item index 1 is not coming up when user starts typing.. remaining items popup . once any of the items are activated once the second items comes up. I wonder why?
thanks,