Ejb generated code does not compil !!!???

2003-08-29 10:17:04 PM
jbuilder24
i made a EAR module and then a EJB module inside...
I create my CMP 2.0 from my schema and then i use the dto/facade wizard
which generate all the stuff !
But !!
When i try to 'make' my ejb module, i got a full list of errors ....
here is the code generated:
******
public interface UtilisateurSessionFacade extends javax.ejb.EJBObject
public void createUtilisateur(UtilisateurDto utilisateurDto) throws
RemoteException;
public void removeUtilisateur(BigDecimal idUser) throws RemoteException;
public void updateUtilisateur(UtilisateurDto utilisateurDto) throws
RemoteException;
public void updateUtilisateurs(UtilisateurDto[] utilisateurDtos) throws
RemoteException;
public UtilisateurDto utilisateurFindByPrimaryKey(BigDecimal idUser)
throws RemoteException;{
}
******
and here are, of course, the first errors :
a.. "UtilisateurSessionFacade.java": '{' expected at line 8, column 70
b.. "UtilisateurSessionFacade.java": illegal start of type at line 14,
column 95
c.. "UtilisateurSessionFacade.java": expected at line 20, column 2
d.. "UtilisateurSessionFacadeLocal.java": Package C:\Documents and
Settings\fdal\jbproject\agape\src\com\steria\agape\service\sses\local\Utilis
ateurSessionFacadeLocal.java stated in source com.steria.agape.service.sses
does not match directory C:\Documents and
Settings\....\service\sses\local\UtilisateurSessionFacadeLocal.java. at line
1, column 34
e.. "UtilisateurSessionFacadeLocalHome.java": Package C:\Documents and
Settings\fdal\jbproject\agape\src\com\steria\agape\service\sses\local\Utilis
ateurSessionFacadeLocalHome.java stated in source
com.steria.agape.service.sses does not match directory C:\Documents and
Settings\....\service\sses\local\UtilisateurSessionFacadeLocalHome.java. at
line 1, column 34
f.. "UtilisateurSessionFacadeBean.java": cannot resolve symbol: class
UtilisateurHome in package local at line 5, column 37
g.. "UtilisateurSessionFacadeBean.java": cannot resolve symbol: class
Utilisateur in package local at line 16, column 37
h.. etc...
Is there a upgrade (different from upgrade 002 that i installed) or a patch
that has to be applied ? Is my procedure ok ?
Help !!!

Re:Ejb generated code does not compil !!!???

Frédéric Dal wrote:
[...]

Is that the whole file? Are you not using packages at all?
--
Regards,
Lori Olson (TeamB)

Re:Ejb generated code does not compil !!!???

It's a bug in the code generator for EJB's; I personally see it most often
in home interfaces for entity beans. I haven't been able to produce a
reliable test case, so I haven't submitted it to Borland.
The problem is that JBuilder is removing the opening brace in the interface
declaration and moving it to the end of one of the method declarations.
Moving the brace back by hand solves the problem, but doesn't prevent it
from happening again.
--
Check out our latest white papers at
BladeNET Scores With Borland Enterprise Tools
"Frédéric Dal" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
[...]

{smallsort}

Re:Ejb generated code does not compil !!!???

It's JBuilder. It happens to me when I'm targeting BES.
--
"Jason Bennett" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Kevin Dean wrote:
>It's a bug in the code generator for EJB's; I personally see it most
often
>in home interfaces for entity beans. I haven't been able to produce a
>reliable test case, so I haven't submitted it to Borland.

There are already 2 bugs filed for this error in QualityCentral,
although I'm not sure yet if it's related to JBoss or JBuilder.

jason

Re:Ejb generated code does not compil !!!???

In article < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >,
XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
It's a bug in the code generator for EJB's; I personally see it most often
in home interfaces for entity beans. I haven't been able to produce a
reliable test case, so I haven't submitted it to Borland.

The problem is that JBuilder is removing the opening brace in the interface
declaration and moving it to the end of one of the method declarations.
I also see it all the time, it is currently happening in three of my
EJBs in a current project, but trying to get a small project to recreate
seems impossible.
Phil

Re:Ejb generated code does not compil !!!???

I had the same problem. It seems to be a "side effect" of the new Option "Tools->IDE Options->EJB Designer->Always regenerate interfaces", which is documented in the Online help:
"When checked, this option automatically regenerates the home/local home and remote/local interfaces for an enterprise bean when you modify the source code of the bean class directly. For example, if you are working in the source code and add a new method, JBuilder regenerates the bean's interfaces automatically to reflect the new method you made."
That sounds to be very comfortable, but in fact it seems not to work the way it should, but causes this code generation error.
[...]

.. and now in readable form...