Getting JBuilder9 to activate

2003-08-22 12:53:30 AM
jbuilder4
I'm a student installing JBuilder 9 (Personal) onto my home PC,
a HP 933MHZ using Windows Millenium Ed. I succesfully downloaded
JBuilder 9, and also downloaded the Activation File. When I run
JBuilder 9, the Borland Product Registration Wizard pops up and I'm allowed to pick between the serial number or Activation File. I have
chosen the Activation File path which will then lead me to browse
for the Activation File. When I choose the folder that holds the
file, I open it to not find the file (it's not seeing it, until I
change the 'Files of Type:' to 'All Files'). I then choose File
(reg276.txt) and press 'OK' only to get an error message which
states: 'Activation file import error' 'Activation file
C:\My Documents\reg276.txt.php is invalid or corrupted.'
'Please obtain a valid activation file.(7005)'
All help is appreciated in advance. Thank you.

Re:Getting JBuilder9 to activate

If you haven't figured this out yet, here's what you do:
1. Open a blank notepad file and name it reg276.txt (save it in your home directory, as the instructions state).
2. Open the e-mail that Borland sent you with the activation file and copy the text of the entire e-mail, starting with "This is an auto-generated message...." and ending with "------ End Block -----", into the notepad file.
3. Open the JBuilder9W icon, and it should start automatically. You will no longer be prompted to enter a path with the activation file.