JBuilder X and XP SP1

2004-02-03 10:25:38 PM
jbuilder0
I have a problem installing JBuilder X Enterprise Trial on Windows XP
Service Pack 1. Install Anywhere unpacks the content of
ent_trial_install.exe and than turns off (when progress bar reaches 100%).
Why the installation doesn't start?
shkrba

Re:JBuilder X and XP SP1

I have not experienced this problem. Are you installing from a download
or from
a CD?
Also, can you tell me how much RAM you have and what kind of video card
you have?
--
Kind Regards,
Steve Peters
Srdjan Skrbic wrote:
I have a problem installing JBuilder X Enterprise Trial on Windows XP
Service Pack 1. Install Anywhere unpacks the content of
ent_trial_install.exe and than turns off (when progress bar reaches 100%).
Why the installation doesn't start?

shkrba

Re:JBuilder X and XP SP1

I have not experienced this problem. Are you installing from a download
or from
a CD?

I'm installing from a download.
Also, can you tell me how much RAM you have and what kind of video card
you have?
I have 512 MB RAM (2x256, DDR 333, Dual Channel, Epox 8RDA3+ mainboard
(nForce2 Ultra 400 chipset), AMD Barton 2500+, HDD 120GB Maxtor SerialATA).
Video card is ATI Radeon 9200, (64 MB, 128bit, Trancend with ATI Catalyst
4.1 drivers installed).
Could it be the virtual machine? Win XP SP1 doesn't have one (or has it?)
and I didn't install any (because I want to use one which comes with
JBuilder to avoid collision problems).
shkrba

Srdjan Skrbic wrote:

>I have a problem installing JBuilder X Enterprise Trial on Windows XP
>Service Pack 1. Install Anywhere unpacks the content of
>ent_trial_install.exe and than turns off (when progress bar reaches
100%).
>Why the installation doesn't start?
>
>shkrba

{smallsort}

Re:JBuilder X and XP SP1

The VM shouldn't be the problem but try downloading the latest stable
JDK from Sun's website and installing it. Also, if you don't have the
latest version of DirectX you should download that from Microsoft and
install it. Let me know how that goes.