how to add a jar

2006-10-03 07:39:37 AM
jbuilder22
Hello
I need to add signed jars to my project and have them copied to the
output directory. I can put them in the project pane but they show "not
part of active project" and even if I set the properties to copy it
still does not copy. My manually created jars, copy fine. It compiles
just fine. How do I make jars copy to the output directory and/or an
active part of the project? tia.

Re:how to add a jar

cpanon wrote:
Hello
I need to add signed jars to my project and have them copied to the
output directory. I can put them in the project pane but they show "not
part of active project" and even if I set the properties to copy it
still does not copy. My manually created jars, copy fine. It compiles
just fine. How do I make jars copy to the output directory and/or an
active part of the project? tia.
The same way you add any JAR to the project:
Project Proper ....
Just read the Help: Configuring and Using Libraries.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Re:how to add a jar

Paul Furbacher [TeamB] wrote:
cpanon wrote:
>Hello
>I need to add signed jars to my project and have them copied to the
>output directory. I can put them in the project pane but they show
>"not part of active project" and even if I set the properties to copy
>it still does not copy. My manually created jars, copy fine. It
>compiles just fine. How do I make jars copy to the output directory
>and/or an active part of the project? tia.

The same way you add any JAR to the project:

Project Proper ....

Just read the Help: Configuring and Using Libraries.
Sorry, at first glance, I thought your problem was
with compiling.
In any case, you never want to copy jars to the
/classes folder.
Anyway, trying creating an application archive.
On the Content page, select "Include specific
filters and files only", "Add files..." and
select your JARs.
But your choice of terms is not very clear: "active
part of the project". What is that?
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:
Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?
Thank you.

{smallsort}

Re:how to add a jar

Hi Paul
I tried that however these are signed jars and when I wrap them in
another jar it fails in an applet deployment. It seems plugin cannot
reference the nested jar and find it signed. I have eliminated the
manifest so it is just a jar with one item, the signed jar, which the
browser/plug-in cannot see. Albeit it does copy jar-jar into the
working directory. Any ideas?

cpanon wrote:
Hi Paul
I tried that however these are signed jars and when I wrap them in
another jar it fails in an applet deployment. It seems plugin cannot
reference the nested jar and find it signed. I have eliminated the
manifest so it is just a jar with one item, the signed jar, which the
browser/plug-in cannot see. Albeit it does copy jar-jar into the
working directory. Any ideas?
This topic of signed JARs has come up in the
past in these newsgroups. If I remember correctly,
Gillmer found a solution. Search the archives for
"signed jars Gillmer":
Subject: JBuilder 9 and X issues w/ executables and JavaHelp
Date: hu, 26 Feb 2004
You could try including all the JARs in the archive
attribute of the applet defining HTML, and in the manifest.mf
file of your JAR, include a Class-path: line.
See these two links:
applet archive attribute:
mindprod.com/jgloss/applet.html
manifest Class-path: entries:
mindprod.com/jgloss/jar.html
--

Paul Furbacher [TeamB] wrote:
This topic of signed JARs has come up in the
past in these newsgroups. If I remember correctly,
Gillmer found a solution. Search the archives for
"signed jars Gillmer":
I'm not sure this is the same problem, though reading those messages
might still help give a general understanding of how JBuilder deals with
signed JARs. The search I used to find my old messages was on
groups.google.com advanced search, search for keywords = signed, groups
= borland.public.jbuilder.*, author = Gillmer J. Derge. That finds 4
results. Read the full threads and the Sun forum threads they link to.
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]