.zip & .jar files contents don't show

2006-11-16 06:59:35 AM
jbuilder15
Hi,
I received this .zip file with 2 .jar files. When I use JBuilder to see all
the classes in them I do not think that I see them all. All I see is the
declaration of some methods and that is all. Yet when I run the executable
.jar files the program works perfectly. I do not see anything, no "if"
statements, "while" or "for" loops. How can I see the other classes that are
in the .zip/jar files.
I tried to reach the person that sent me the .zip file but I cannot reach
him.
TIA
Roy

Re:.zip & .jar files contents don't show

Roy Gourgi wrote:
I received this .zip file with 2 .jar files. When I use JBuilder to see
all the classes in them I do not think that I see them all. All I see is
the declaration of some methods and that is all. Yet when I run the
executable .jar files the program works perfectly. I do not see anything,
no "if" statements, "while" or "for" loops. How can I see the other
classes that are in the .zip/jar files.
JAR files contain compiled classes, not the source. When you open a
compiled class, JBuilder extracts the method signatures and not much else.
If you want to decompile the class, I suggest downloading a copy of the DJ Decompiler.
--
Kevin Dean [TeamB]
Dolphin Data Development Ltd.

Re:.zip & .jar files contents don't show

If you are talking about opening the class files, JBuilder only decompiles
enough to be an "API viewer". If you want a full decompilation you will
need to download one of the OpenTools which provide this functionality.
"Roy Gourgi" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

I received this .zip file with 2 .jar files. When I use JBuilder to see
all the classes in them I do not think that I see them all. All I see is
the declaration of some methods and that is all. Yet when I run the
executable .jar files the program works perfectly. I do not see anything,
no "if" statements, "while" or "for" loops. How can I see the other
classes that are in the .zip/jar files.

I tried to reach the person that sent me the .zip file but I cannot reach
him.

TIA
Roy

{smallsort}