How to select what Tomcat webapps to run from the IDE

2004-10-01 11:45:16 PM
jbuilder8
Hi,
I have a single jbuilder project that contains several web modules.
Each of them can generate a WAR file that can be deployed on a Tomcat
server whitout any problem.
For debugging purpose, I want to run a particular Web module from the
embedded Tomcat server within the IDE.
When I create a Server configuration in the project, it launches all web
modules. I don't see any way to select which web module(s) I want to run.
Is there any way for doing so ?
Thanks
/mig

Re:How to select what Tomcat webapps to run from the IDE

Michael Gool wrote:

I have a single jbuilder project that contains several web modules.
Each of them can generate a WAR file that can be deployed on a Tomcat
server whitout any problem.
For debugging purpose, I want to run a particular Web module from the
embedded Tomcat server within the IDE.
When I create a Server configuration in the project, it launches all web
modules. I don't see any way to select which web module(s) I want to run.
Is there any way for doing so ?

Thanks
/mig

If the different web modules are independent, then I would create a
project group, and then separate projects under tha group for each web
module. Then when you launch from one of the projects, you should just
get that one web module.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 10:22:29 -0600, Lori M Olson [TeamB] wrote:
>I have a single jbuilder project that contains several web modules.
>Each of them can generate a WAR file that can be deployed on a Tomcat
>server whitout any problem.
>For debugging purpose, I want to run a particular Web module from the
>embedded Tomcat server within the IDE.
>When I create a Server configuration in the project, it launches all web
>modules. I don't see any way to select which web module(s) I want to run.
>Is there any way for doing so ?
If the different web modules are independent, then I would create a
project group, and then separate projects under tha group for each web
module. Then when you launch from one of the projects, you should just
get that one web module.
The point is that those web modules share a large amount of source code.
As I prefer not to manage by hand version dependencies between project
versions, I took the decision (maybe the wrong one) to use a single
project with multiple web modules.
I tried creating a small project just for running the webapp that takes
sources from the main project and link (i'm on a unix file system) the web
module directory also from the main project. The web module is launched
but no servlet nor jsp is accessible, I don't know why.

{smallsort}

Re:How to select what Tomcat webapps to run from the IDE

>>I have a single jbuilder project that contains several web modules.
>>Each of them can generate a WAR file that can be deployed on a Tomcat
>>server whitout any problem.
>>For debugging purpose, I want to run a particular Web module from the
>>embedded Tomcat server within the IDE.
>>When I create a Server configuration in the project, it launches all web
>>modules. I don't see any way to select which web module(s) I want to run.
>>Is there any way for doing so ?
Got it.
I only have to modify the server8080.xml used for running tomcat.
It is located in <project>/Tomcat/conf at the time tomcat is running from
jbuilder.
There is a line in the file to remove to tell jbuilder not to override
this file. Then just comment out the Context elements corresponding to
the web modules that should not be run. This works fine.
/mig