No abstract class, no interface but -> Failed to create live instance for variable 'this'. null

2003-08-30 11:34:23 PM
jbuilder0
Hello all,
Here is my problem. I have a class with decleration...
public class EfzinCalendarManagerFrame extends EfzinInternalFrame
The super class has the following code..
public class EfzinInternalFrame extends JInternalFrame
{
//Data
members-------------------------------------------------------------
private static int openFrameCount = 0;
private static final int xOffset = 30, yOffset = 30;
private static Vector addedFrames = new Vector();
private static boolean selectedStatus = false;
private static Object selectedFrame=null;
//Methods------------------------------------------------------------------
public EfzinInternalFrame()
{
super();
addedFrames.add(this);
openFrameCount++;
try
{
jbInit();
}
catch (Exception e)
{
e.printStackTrace();
}
}
private void jbInit() throws Exception
{
//Set Default close operation
setDefaultCloseOperation(HIDE_ON_CLOSE);
this.addInternalFrameListener(new InternalFrameAdapter()
{
public void internalFrameDeactivated(InternalFrameEvent e)
{
EfzinInternalFrame.deActivateGetSelectedFrameMethod();
}
public void internalFrameActivated(InternalFrameEvent e)
{
EfzinInternalFrame.setSelectedFrame(EfzinInternalFrame.this);
}
}
);
}
When i turn the EfzinCalendarManagerFrame to the designer a i get the
ordinary message...
Failed to create live instance for variable 'this'. null
class java.lang.NullPointerException null
The problem is that EfzinCalendarManagerFrame extends EfzinInternalFrame.
If i change the extends statement from EfzinInternalFrame to JInternalFrame
i will not get error. The weird is that when i open the EfzinInternalFrame's
designer tab all are correctly. Do you know a possible reason of this
annoying behaviour?(I dont implement any abstract class either an interface)
Thank you for advance.

Re:No abstract class, no interface but -> Failed to create live instance for variable 'this'. null

[...]

The reason is that the superclass is throwing a NullPointerException either
in the default constructor or in a method called by the default constructor.
If you start JBuilder in console mode (JBuilder.exe instead of
JBuilderW.exe) you should see the exception stack trace in the console
window.
--
Check out our latest white papers at
BladeNET Scores With Borland Enterprise Tools

{smallsort}