Re: Borland Look and Feel

2003-07-08 01:13:26 AM
jbuilder2
Does anyone know how can i use the "Borland Look and Feel" from JBuilder 9
to my programs.

You can't. I ran into that the other day. It's only there to make the IDE
look better. (and it does) You're not licensed to use it it your apps.

Re:Re: Borland Look and Feel

Actually I don't want to use it in my programs, I'd like to see how the
theme is developed to develop my own.
Thnks again,
m4r1b
"Andr?Kuiper" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
>Does anyone know how can i use the "Borland Look and Feel" from JBuilder
9
>to my programs.

You can't. I ran into that the other day. It's only there to make the IDE
look better. (and it does) You're not licensed to use it it your apps.

Re:Re: Borland Look and Feel

Just to let you know, the Borland Look and Theme is contained in the
primetime.jar library where is placed in the lib dorectory of JBuilder 9.
You can use it by adding that in the classpath of tyour program.Don't use it
in commercial programs only to your's!!!
Thnks for your help!
PS: John McGrath [TeamB] please be more helpful next time. cu ;)
"John McGrath [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
On 7/8/2003 at 8:03:13 AM, m4r1b wrote:

>Actually I don't want to use it in my programs, I'd like to see how
>the theme is developed to develop my own.

It is the Borland look-and-feel, not just a theme, although it is based
on the Metal look-and-feel and it does install its own theme. However,
I do not think you would be able to make all of the UI modifications
that Borland did with just a theme.

--
Regards,

John McGrath [TeamB]

{smallsort}

Re:Re: Borland Look and Feel

Are you sure? Have you ever tried to do that?
Discovering the location of Borland Look and Feel classes is not diffucult
at all.
But If you attempt to use com.borland.plaf.borland.BorlandLookAndFeel
(sure with that in your classpath) it will throw an exception.
--Sultan
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:04:15 +0100, m4r1b < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Just to let you know, the Borland Look and Theme is contained in the
primetime.jar library where is placed in the lib dorectory of JBuilder 9.
You can use it by adding that in the classpath of tyour program.Don't use
it
in commercial programs only to your's!!!

Re:Re: Borland Look and Feel

Great, thanks for the hint!
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:37:07 +0100, m4r1b < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:
Try to apply the BorlandTheme() and it will work perfect.

BorlandLookAndFeel borland = new BorlandLookAndFeel();
borland.setCurrentTheme(new BorlandTheme());

Only those two lines.

Good Luck

Re:Re: Borland Look and Feel

hi everybody,
i'm using Jbuilder9 and i'm trying to integrate the Borland LF to my project
i don't know how and there's nothing about it in the help files
do i have to add a jar file? or what?
thanx 4 help
This message was posted using www.gdse.com/

Re:Re: Borland Look and Feel

komando wrote:
hi everybody,
i'm using Jbuilder9 and i'm trying to integrate the Borland LF to my project
i don't know how and there's nothing about it in the help files
do i have to add a jar file? or what?
This subject has been discussed many times in the
newsgroup archives. I encourage you and all readers
to take advantage of the archive _first_ before
asking a question in a newsgroup.
In short, you cannot use this LAF for your projects.
For more details, search the archives. They are
rich in details.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Re:Re: Borland Look and Feel

Is it possible to use the Borland look in feel in my application?
-Mark

Re:Re: Borland Look and Feel

On 10/21/2004 at 5:55:09 PM, mf wrote:
Is it possible to use the Borland look in feel in my application?
You can redistribute anything that is in the /redist directory. As of
JBuilder 2005, that includes the Borland Look&Feel, at least with the
Enterprise version.
I suspect that would be the case for Developer, but not for Foundation.
Be sure to check your license and the contents of /redist to be sure what
you can legally do.
--
Regards,
John McGrath [TeamB]

Re:Re: Borland Look and Feel

John McGrath [TeamB] wrote on 22/10/2004 at 09:09:26 :
On 10/21/2004 at 5:55:09 PM, mf wrote:

>Is it possible to use the Borland look in feel in my application?

You can redistribute anything that is in the /redist directory. As of
JBuilder 2005, that includes the Borland Look&Feel, at least with the
Enterprise version.

I suspect that would be the case for Developer, but not for
Foundation. Be sure to check your license and the contents of
/redist to be sure what you can legally do.
JBuilder 2005 Developer includes the BorlandLookAndFeel in the dist
folder.
MY only problem is trying to get my Swing app to use the
BorlandLookAndFeel. I have add the BorlandLookAndFeel.jar into the
Required Libraries for the project and used the following import
statement:
import com.borland.plaf.borland.BorlandLookAndFeel;
But when I try to set the UIManager to use the BorlandLookAndFeel I
cannot compile because it's has the error
"cannot find symbol; symbol BorlandLookAndFeel, ..."
When I use ErrorInsight to suggest a correction it comes up with the
same suggestion that I have used.
--
All the best
Jonathan Wright

Re:Re: Borland Look and Feel

Jonathan Wright wrote:
But when I try to set the UIManager to use the BorlandLookAndFeel I
cannot compile because it's has the error

"cannot find symbol; symbol BorlandLookAndFeel, ..."

When I use ErrorInsight to suggest a correction it comes up with the
same suggestion that I have used.

Let's see the line of code you are using with the UIManager. It's
probably something simple.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:Re: Borland Look and Feel

Lori M Olson [TeamB] wrote on 23/10/2004 at 08:55:06 :
Jonathan Wright wrote:
>But when I try to set the UIManager to use the BorlandLookAndFeel I
>cannot compile because it's has the error
>
>"cannot find symbol; symbol BorlandLookAndFeel, ..."
>
>When I use ErrorInsight to suggest a correction it comes up with the
>same suggestion that I have used.

Let's see the line of code you are using with the UIManager. It's
probably something simple.
The line of code I'm trying to add is:
UIManager.setLookAndFeel(BorlandLookAndFeel);
--
All the best
Jonathan Wright

Re:Re: Borland Look and Feel

Jonathan Wright wrote:
UIManager.setLookAndFeel(BorlandLookAndFeel);
The two forms of the setLookAndFeel method take either a string or an
instance of LookAndFeel as their argument. You need to do one of these:
UIManager.setLookAndFeel("com.borland.plaf.borland.BorlandLookAndFeel");
UIManager.setLookAndFeel(new BorlandLookAndFeel());
--
Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB]

Re:Re: Borland Look and Feel

Gillmer J. Derge [TeamB] wrote on 23/10/2004 at 16:55:05 :
Jonathan Wright wrote:
>UIManager.setLookAndFeel(BorlandLookAndFeel);

The two forms of the setLookAndFeel method take either a string or an
instance of LookAndFeel as their argument. You need to do one of
these:

UIManager.setLookAndFeel("com.borland.plaf.borland.BorlandLookAndFeel"
); UIManager.setLookAndFeel(new BorlandLookAndFeel());
Fantastic, many thanks all worked great .. still picking things as each
day passes but the more I learn the more I like Java and JBuilder :-)
--
All the best
Jonathan Wright

Re:Re: Borland Look and Feel

Hi,
I just did a little test program with split panes and I liked the way
Borland laf dress the divider.
Now, the test runs fine in JBuilder 2005 but when launching the jar I get:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.borland.plaf.borland.BorlandLookAndFeel
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:302)
I have added the Borland laf.jar to my src-dir and added it as a
required library under project properties.
The app looks good and behave as it should but why the error?