Remote Debugging Web Site

2004-10-19 04:26:15 AM
jbuilder10
I am wanting to remote debug our development Web Server. I have loaded the
JBuilder Debug Server onto our web server and started it using the default
port.
On my client I set up the following.
Enable Remote
Launch
Server Name
Default port
Class Path - Where they are on the server
Working directory - On the server.
I keep getting the error "Unable to start runtime due to incomplete
configuration"
I shared everything on my server. Any Ideas? Do I need to set the default
web page to start?

Re:Remote Debugging Web Site

One thing I forgot to mention is that I am running IIS on my remote server
and all that pops up under the server connections is TomCat.
"Bob "The Hacker"" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I am wanting to remote debug our development Web Server. I have loaded
the
JBuilder Debug Server onto our web server and started it using the default
port.

On my client I set up the following.

Enable Remote
Launch
Server Name
Class Path - Where they are on the server
Working directory - On the server.

I keep getting the error "Unable to start runtime due to incomplete
configuration"

I shared everything on my server. Any Ideas? Do I need to set the
default
web page to start?

Re:Remote Debugging Web Site

I can't remember specifically where, but if you add the following to the
Tomcat VM startup parameters, you don't need the debug server at all.
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,address=5000,suspend=n
Instead, you can attach to the process on port 5000 and debug to your
heart's content.
--
Check out our latest white papers at
BladeNET Scores With Borland Enterprise Tools
"Bob "The Hacker"" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
I am wanting to remote debug our development Web Server. I have loaded the
JBuilder Debug Server onto our web server and started it using the default
port.

On my client I set up the following.

Enable Remote
Launch
Server Name
Class Path - Where they are on the server
Working directory - On the server.

I keep getting the error "Unable to start runtime due to incomplete
configuration"

I shared everything on my server. Any Ideas? Do I need to set the
default
web page to start?

{smallsort}