How to add a new tool to JB tools

2005-01-13 06:58:21 AM
jbuilder16
Greetings everybody,
I would like to know how I can use JB tools to add third party tools. I
know I have to go to "Tools->Configure External Tools" and from there I do
"Add".
Then what am I suppose to put into the "program" path ?
More specifically I would like to add the SWT Designer at :
www.swt-designer.com/
I woud like to use this designer in JB.
thanx in advance for reading !!
Pascal

Re:How to add a new tool to JB tools

Pascal AUDANT wrote:
Greetings everybody,
I would like to know how I can use JB tools to add third party tools. I
know I have to go to "Tools->Configure External Tools" and from there I do
"Add".
Then what am I suppose to put into the "program" path ?

More specifically I would like to add the SWT Designer at :
www.swt-designer.com/

I woud like to use this designer in JB.

thanx in advance for reading !!

Pascal

Quote from SWT-Designer website -
Support for multiple code generation styles (VAJ, VE, JBuilder,
NetBeans, etc.)
If a tool actually integrates with JBuilder, it is referred to as an
"OpenTool" because that is the name of the API which allows people to
create such integrations.
AFAIKS, SWT-Designer offers no such integration. The best you could
hope for is to configure it as an External Tool (as you mention above)
and it will simply be "launchable" from the JBuilder menu (but not
integrated).
This tool does seem to be capable of generating code that can be
subsequently used from JBuilder and the JBuilder designer, but that
seems to be the extent of the "integration".
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]