Custom tags without a Web Module

2005-02-15 04:44:45 AM
jbuilder13
Is there any way for JBuilder to recognize custom tags without creating a Web Module?

Re:Custom tags without a Web Module

"Kaleb Walton" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

Is there any way for JBuilder to recognize custom tags without creating a Web Module?
Found a solution.

Kaleb Walton wrote:
"Kaleb Walton" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote:

>Is there any way for JBuilder to recognize custom tags without
>creating a Web Module?

Found a solution.
Since these are peer-to-peer support groups with
lots of lurkers and searchers of the archives, it
would be immensely appreciated if you would share
your solution ... for the present and posterity.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

{smallsort}

Re:Custom tags without a Web Module

It was nearing the end of the day and I did not have time to post the solution - I did not want to trouble everyone with posting an answer unnecessarily.
I did not get JBuilder to recognize custom tags without a Web Module. I got our custom tags to work by conforming to how JBuilder expects the directory structure to be.
I used the Web Module Wizard to create a new web module under our current project. I then opened the web module created web.xml as well as our current web.xml located in a separate directory. Next, I copied and pasted our web.xml body (keeping the document type declaration) into the web.xml of the web module and fixed any errors that popped up.
I then proceeded to add tag libraries to the web module as is provided in the IDE.
Regards,
Kaleb