Faster CPU for Java compiling and Executing

2005-06-29 06:42:14 AM
jbuilder9
Anyone has experience which processor is more efficient with executing and
compiling java code or java based applications.
Perhaps someone has Athlon64 and Intel 6xx in the same room ? Any difference
noticable? All benchmarks and tests are somehow game oriented. I don't know
which benchmark is the most closest to the compiling process ?
A64/3200, 1GB kingston low latency and Seagate SATA disk and it is not what
I expected...

Re:Faster CPU for Java compiling and Executing

Probably P4 will be much more responsive because of HyperThreading but
with Athlon X2 you will get better then P$ performance.
Also I would suggest at least 1.5GB of RAM for Java evelopment machine
ofcourse this is not requered if you only develop web applications or
run just GUI.
Hard disk is not that big problem at least with much memory.
Doychin