How to display PDF file from applet?

2003-07-09 12:41:14 PM
jbuilder23
Hello:
This very simple code allows the user to receive
a PDF file from the web server to the browser,
to the PDF plugin:
<HTML>
<A HREF="http:filename.pdf">PDF Document is Here</A>
</HTML>
How can I implement that functionality within a
Java applet? Is there a class that allows the programmer
to place an underscored URL link (as the browsers do)
or perhaps a Swing button which will do the same as
the above one-liner?
TIA,
-Ramon F. Herrera

Re:How to display PDF file from applet?

Ramon F Herrera wrote:
Hello:

This very simple code allows the user to receive
a PDF file from the web server to the browser,
to the PDF plugin:

<HTML>
<A HREF="http:filename.pdf">PDF Document is Here</A>
</HTML>

How can I implement that functionality within a
Java applet? Is there a class that allows the programmer
to place an underscored URL link (as the browsers do)
or perhaps a Swing button which will do the same as
the above one-liner?

TIA,

-Ramon F. Herrera
Look at the java.net package. I think your answer will be found here <G>.