Problem with ActionListener in JDK 1.4

2003-07-29 08:45:47 PM
jbuilder21
Hello,
We are using a combobox (JdbNavComboBox from Borland dbswing library), and
have a problem with the actionlistener for this cbx with JDK 1.4. With JDK
1.3, everything works fine, but with JRE 1.4 the action event is never
triggered. We have tried with 1.4.1_01 and 1.4.1_02, but they both have the
same problem.
This problem only occurs with JdbNavComboBox. With JComboBox, the action
listener works fine. The problem applies both for JBuilder4 and JBuilder9.
The action listeners are defined like this:
---
public class panWellDetails extends JPanel implements CommonInterface
{
JdbNavComboBox cbx1 = new JdbNavComboBox();
cbx1.addActionListener(new java.awt.event.ActionListener() {
cbx1_actionPerformed(e);
}
});
cbx1.setColumnName("WELLNAME");
cbx1.setDataSet(qdsWellInfo);
void cbx1_actionPerformed(ActionEvent e) {
// Displayed with JRE 1.3, but not with JRE 1.4
System.out.println("Selected new item in cbx.");
}
}
---
I've seen several postings on similar topics on the groups, but since this
actually works fine with JDK 1.3, it seems this must be a bug in the Borland
library, or in JDK 1.4. Can anyone confirm this?
Regarding workarounds, I'm open to suggestions. I've seen many recommend
using a NavigationListener on the DataSet instead of an actionlistener on
the cbx. I've tried this, but then run into the problem that a simple
selection in the cbx fires a number of navigation events, instead of just
one. Any information shared on this is also welcome.
In advance, thanks for your help!
Regards,
Knut Hovda ( XXXX@XXXXX.COM )
PTI Scandpower AS