can't deploy app with Enterprise 2006

2005-10-18 12:44:41 AM
jbuilder20
The app I was working on in Ent 2005 won't deploy with Ent 2006. The error message is "Unrecognized option or flag, -sourcerootforupload" I haven't changed anything from 2005 to 2006 and can't find where to set or eliminate this option.
Thanks, J.

Re:can't deploy app with Enterprise 2006

J. Braun wrote:
The app I was working on in Ent 2005 won't deploy with Ent 2006. The
error message is "Unrecognized option or flag, -sourcerootforupload"
I haven't changed anything from 2005 to 2006 and can't find where to
set or eliminate this option.

Thanks, J.
First of all, this is a deployment issue, not an install problem.
Second, you have not provided ANY useful details about your application.
What JDK is it using, what kind of application, what are your
deployment settings, etc, etc.
Followups set to the deployment group.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:can't deploy app with Enterprise 2006

Does anyone have the answer to this question? I'm experiencing the same problem while trying to deploy a very simple webapp, which only contains JSPs, to WebLogic 8.1, using JDK 1.4.2_3. Prior to upgrading to JBuilder 2006, I had no problem deploying my application to WebLogic 8.1 from JBuilder X.

{smallsort}

Re:can't deploy app with Enterprise 2006

I have the same problem. I have a web project that was built in JB X and is deployed to WebLogic Server 8.1 SP3 using JDK 1.41_03. I open the project with JB 2006 and select redeploy and receive the error below. When I first opened the project, I was shown a message that said, "The project xxx.jpx has been updated to reflect the latest server changes." This problem appears to be JB 2006 calling weblogic.Deployer with an invalid parameter (-sourcerootforupload).
C:\bea\jdk141_03\bin\javaw -classpath C:\bea\weblogic81\server\lib\weblogic_sp.jar;C:\bea\weblogic81\server\lib\weblogic.jar;C:\bea\weblogic81\server\lib\webservices.jar; weblogic.Deployer -user user -adminurl http://XXX:7001 -password password -activate -name name -sourcerootforupload XXX.ear -targets targets
Usage: java weblogic.Deployer [options] [actions] [File(s)]
where options include:
default iiop://localhost:7001
-username <username>user name
-password <password>password for the user
-userconfigfile <userconfigfile>The user config file contains the
user security credentials; it is
administered by the weblogic.Admin tool
-userkeyfile <keyConfigFile>The users key file; it is administered
by the weblogic.Admin tool.
-examples Displays example usage of this tool.
-name <application name>Defaults to the basename of the deployment
file or directory.
-targets <<target(s)>>A comma separated list of targets for the
current operation. If not specified, all
configured targets are used. For a new
application, the default target is the
administration server.
-deploy Make an application available for service.
-redeploy Replace a running application partially or
entirely.
-undeploy Take an application out of service.

TIM TROY wrote:
I have the same problem. I have a web project that was built in JB
X and is deployed to WebLogic Server 8.1 SP3 using JDK 1.41_03. I
open the project with JB 2006 and select redeploy and receive the
error below. When I first opened the project, I was shown a
message that said, "The project xxx.jpx has been updated to reflect
the latest server changes." This problem appears to be JB 2006
calling weblogic.Deployer with an invalid parameter
(-sourcerootforupload).

C:\bea\jdk141_03\bin\javaw -classpath
C:\bea\weblogic81\server\lib\weblogic_sp.jar;
C:\bea\weblogic81\server\lib\weblogic.jar;
C:\bea\weblogic81\server\lib\webservices.jar;
weblogic.Deployer -user user -adminurl http://XXX:7001 -password
password -activate -name name -sourcerootforupload XXX.ear
-targets targets

[...] Unrecognized option or flag, -sourcerootforupload
Note that I do not use Weblogic, but I did just Google keywords
+sourcerootforupload +deployer
and followed a dev2dev thread on it until I got to this
response (last in the thread) by "rayward":
forums.bea.com/bea/message.jspa
To quote: "[...] just finished talking to BEA support and trying some
experiments, as well. The -sourcerootforupload option works with 8.1
SP4 but not with SP2."
So, since you are using WLS 8.1 sp 3, I'm guessing that this applies
to you and may apply to those who chimed in earlier in the thread.
Can you upgrade to sp 4? If you do upgrade, report back here as to
whether that solves the problem.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives: