com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.ResolutionException

2004-04-22 05:54:38 PM
jbuilder10
i follow the step in jbuilder tutorial Created a basic database application
everytime i execute my ap try to update my data
i get this exception
See com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.ResolutionException error code: BASE+3
com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.ResolutionException: An error occurred saving a
change to the "dbo"."Voyages_B" table
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Value can
not be converted to requested type.
can anyone tell me what when wrong or where can i get some info?
ps.i am using sqlserver 2000
my datatype in sql are "nvarchar, int, smallint, float"
my datatype in jbuilder are"String , int, short, double"

Re:com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.ResolutionException

In < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >mohawk wrote:

See com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.ResolutionException error code: BASE+3
com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.ResolutionException: An error occurred
saving a change to the "dbo"."Voyages_B" table java.sql.SQLException: [
Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Value can not be converted
to requested type.
Hmmm.. that has come up before.. so you should search these newsgroups
for the solution. Of hand it seems it was a permissions issue..
John..
TeamB are volunteer helpers. Please DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL!
Post all questions and replies to this newsgroup ONLY
For papers on DataExpress, Applets, JSP, and Web Development go to:
www.microps.com/mps/papers.html

Re:com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.ResolutionException

instead of using [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]
i use jtds today
and the error code just gone away
thanx for the reply
"mohawk" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >¦b¶l¥ó
i follow the step in jbuilder tutorial Created a basic database
application
everytime i execute my ap try to update my data
i get this exception

See com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.ResolutionException error code: BASE+3
com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.ResolutionException: An error occurred saving
change to the "dbo"."Voyages_B" table
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Value
can
not be converted to requested type.

can anyone tell me what when wrong or where can i get some info?
ps.i am using sqlserver 2000
my datatype in sql are "nvarchar, int, smallint, float"
my datatype in jbuilder are"String , int, short, double"

{smallsort}