how to stop stdout

2006-03-18 12:37:59 AM
jbuilder19
hello,
my jsp site loggs entries to stdout log file. this is done thru programming.
how can i completely turn off stdout file?
i do not want to change program. is it possible to change configuration and
ask web server (e.g. tomcat) to stop generating it?
thanks in advance.

Re:how to stop stdout

phimalaya wrote:
my jsp site loggs entries to stdout log file. this is done thru programming.
how can i completely turn off stdout file?
i do not want to change program. is it possible to change configuration and
ask web server (e.g. tomcat) to stop generating it?
You might find the information you need here:
tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/logging.html
This assumes you are using Tomcat 5.5. If not, backtrack
to tomcat.apache.org and find the appropriate
documentation.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Re:how to stop stdout

hello,
i had already done it and created a logging.properties file and copied to
"classes" subfolder. but it does not work... here is my file --
handlers = org.apache.juli.FileHandler, java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler
# Handler specific properties.
# Describes specific configuration info for Handlers.
org.apache.juli.FileHandler.level = OFF
org.apache.juli.FileHandler.directory = ${catalina.base}/logs
org.apache.juli.FileHandler.prefix = test.
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = OFF
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.formatter =
java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter
doing anything wrong? any help?
"Paul Furbacher [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
phimalaya wrote:

>my jsp site loggs entries to stdout log file. this is done thru
>programming. how can i completely turn off stdout file?
>i do not want to change program. is it possible to change configuration
>and ask web server (e.g. tomcat) to stop generating it?

You might find the information you need here:

tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/logging.html

This assumes you are using Tomcat 5.5. If not, backtrack
to tomcat.apache.org and find the appropriate
documentation.

--

Paul Furbacher (TeamB)

Save time, search the archives:

Is it in Joi Ellis's Faq-O-Matic?

Thank you.

{smallsort}

Re:how to stop stdout

phimalaya wrote:
hello,

my jsp site loggs entries to stdout log file. this is done thru programming.
how can i completely turn off stdout file?
i do not want to change program. is it possible to change configuration and
ask web server (e.g. tomcat) to stop generating it?

thanks in advance.

If the application is doing stuff like "System.out.println" instead of
using a proper logging system like log4j or java.util.logging, then a
one-liner code change, setting System.out to something other than the
console should work.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]