Using C++ code in Jbuilder

2004-12-30 01:11:38 AM
jbuilder14
I have libraries that are only in C. I created a sample shared object but I
can't make any progress bring the functions into the java.
I need some clues to get started
Dave Gardner
AMI Semiconductor

Re:Using C++ code in Jbuilder

Dave Gardner wrote:
I have libraries that are only in C. I created a sample shared object but I
can't make any progress bring the functions into the java.
I need some clues to get started

Dave Gardner
AMI Semiconductor

You need to use JNI. Really you should get a good book on the subject
and read. This book is dated, but is still the one most recommended:
www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0201325772/qid=1104342138/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/104-6825770-6471121?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
If you go to java.sun.com and search for JNI, there are a number
of online references/tutorials as well.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:Using C++ code in Jbuilder

Oh, and it might be handy to use C++BuilderX too. I used it for some
JNI work. It is based on the same underlying IDE as JBuilder.
www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_cbuilderx.html
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]