jdbcheckbox vs jcheckbox

2008-06-04 05:53:08 AM
jbuilder20
JBuilder2008 actually performed pretty good after I imported JBuilderX project. I defined each jar file (library) individually and worked very smouth with IDE run.. Also I created the executable jar file. But It fails with JdbCheckBox which I can not even find it with a search in JBuilder2008.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/borland/dbswing/JdbCheckBox
at mbl.Application1.<init>(Application1.java:73)
at mbl.Application1.main(Application1.java:130)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.borland.dbswing.JdbCheckBox
Thanks for any hint to find out/define them into Jar file.
com/borland/dbswing/JdbCheckBox

Re:jdbcheckbox vs jcheckbox

after google'ing this issue for my suprise (big one) I saw that dbswing is gone.
Since JBuilder 2008 is advertising the MIGRATION, yes we can migrate but to the dead-end: dbswings objects are there to keep backward compatibility but not for new development.
Is there a suggested workaround/alternative to dbswing for the current codes from CodeGear?
I guess there are (plenty) reasons for JBuilder as JBuilder instead of Eclipse itself alone for some users. But it is a tough one for dbswing users like me without any hint what to do!
Hoping that since dbswing was dead even before JBuilder 2007 (just bug fixing), converting db ones to just java should be a smooth process (real migration).

Re:jdbcheckbox vs jcheckbox

You are reporting a runtime error, not a compilation error.
JBuilder 2006 and earlier versions had an optional feature where classes
which reside in library jar files and referenced by your project would be
pulled into your archive so you only had to deploy a single jar.
JBuilder 2007 and later versions do not have that feature.
You can get similar behavior by adding the classes inside dbswing.jar to
your project in a second classes directory.
Create a dbswing-classes directory in your project, unzip the contents of
dbswing.jar into that directory, right-click on your project in the Package
Explorer, select Properties, click on Java Build Path, click on the
Libraries tab, click, on Add Class Folder and select dbswing-classes. You
can also then remove the dbSwing user library since you will not need it
now.
"Mehmet Erten" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message

after google'ing this issue for my suprise (big one) I saw that dbswing is
gone.
Since JBuilder 2008 is advertising the MIGRATION, yes we can migrate but
to the dead-end: dbswings objects are there to keep backward compatibility
but not for new development.

Is there a suggested workaround/alternative to dbswing for the current
codes from CodeGear?

I guess there are (plenty) reasons for JBuilder as JBuilder instead of
Eclipse itself alone for some users. But it is a tough one for dbswing
users like me without any hint what to do!

Hoping that since dbswing was dead even before JBuilder 2007 (just bug
fixing), converting db ones to just java should be a smooth process (real
migration).

{smallsort}

Re:jdbcheckbox vs jcheckbox

Thanks Bill,
When I click on "Run" it works fine. JBuilder 2008 finds JdbCheckBox (or other swing ones)
But "export" does not do the job.
I am about to finish your recommendation.

news:4845d9e0$ XXXX@XXXXX.COM ...