Date Picker Widget

2006-02-01 11:08:10 PM
jbuilder2
Does anyone know of a good date picker widget that would:
1. Allow the user to type a date or click a dropdown to pick a date from
the calendar.
2. Can be added to the JBuilder Designer pallet.
3. Properly handles null values for dates.
4. Easily binds to DataExpress DataSet.
5. Preferably open source.
Bruce

Re:Date Picker Widget

Bruce Alspaugh wrote:
Does anyone know of a good date picker widget that would:

1. Allow the user to type a date or click a dropdown to pick a date from
the calendar.
2. Can be added to the JBuilder Designer pallet.
3. Properly handles null values for dates.
4. Easily binds to DataExpress DataSet.
5. Preferably open source.

Bruce

I did a survey for these over a year ago, and came up with this one:
www.java-calendar.com/
Not open source, but it isn't that expensive either.
Also, I'm not sure about (4), but you could download the free demo and
try it out, or try out their Java Web Start demo.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]

Re:Date Picker Widget

"Lori M Olson [TeamB]" < XXXX@XXXXX.COM >wrote in message
Bruce Alspaugh wrote:
>Does anyone know of a good date picker widget that would:
>
>1. Allow the user to type a date or click a dropdown to pick a date from
>the calendar.
>2. Can be added to the JBuilder Designer pallet.
>3. Properly handles null values for dates.
>4. Easily binds to DataExpress DataSet.
>5. Preferably open source.
>
>Bruce

I did a survey for these over a year ago, and came up with this one:

www.java-calendar.com/

Not open source, but it isn't that expensive either.

Also, I'm not sure about (4), but you could download the free demo and try
it out, or try out their Java Web Start demo.

--

Regards,

Lori Olson [TeamB]

------------
Thanks, Lori. Can you point me to the survey that you did?
Bruce

{smallsort}

Re:Date Picker Widget

Lori M Olson [TeamB] wrote:
Bruce Alspaugh wrote:

>Does anyone know of a good date picker widget that would:
>
>1. Allow the user to type a date or click a dropdown to pick a date
>from the calendar.
>2. Can be added to the JBuilder Designer pallet.
>3. Properly handles null values for dates.
>4. Easily binds to DataExpress DataSet.
>5. Preferably open source.
>
>Bruce

I did a survey for these over a year ago, and came up with this one:

www.java-calendar.com/

Not open source, but it isn't that expensive either.
Oddly enough, there's a data picker in the Open Tools
API which I think works pretty well. I don't know if
it's compatible with DataExpress, but since it's a part
of the OTAPI, it's not available for redistribution.
It's actually a shame that some things like this are
locked up in the OTAPI.
--
Paul Furbacher (TeamB)
Save time, search the archives:

Re:Date Picker Widget

Bruce Alspaugh wrote:
Thanks, Lori. Can you point me to the survey that you did?

Bruce

Sorry, I'm a contractor and it was for a customer, so it will have to
remain unpublished.
--
Regards,
Lori Olson [TeamB]