Changing And Activating The Code Template (Code Insight)

I have been programming in C for over 20 years and have become
accustom to my code being formatted a particular way with indents and
spacing. I have tried changing the code template in the Code Insight
but, there is no change in the code formatting when you click on a
event handler. The shell is always the same. How can I change this?

Code Insight shows templates for various syntax of the language. How
do I get C++ Builder 3 to do code completion formatting when I start
typing in the syntax?

Thank for your help in advance,

Joel
--
Have A Nice Day
Charbonnet.J...@corona.navy.mil

Re:Changing And Activating The Code Template (Code Insight)

>>Code Insight shows templates for various syntax of the language. How

do I get C++ Builder 3 to do code completion formatting when I start
typing in the syntax?

It doesn't work that way. Code templates don't modify code as you type.
Instead, they simply paste the selected template into your code. Or did I
misunderstand the question?

--
Kent (TeamB and TurboPower Software)

Re:Changing And Activating The Code Template (Code Insight)

When would it paste a function, for loop, a switch,  and/or a if
template into the code?

> It doesn't work that way. Code templates don't modify code as you
type.
> Instead, they simply paste the selected template into your code. Or
did I
> misunderstand the question?

> --
> Kent (TeamB and TurboPower Software)

Re:Changing And Activating The Code Template (Code Insight)

>>When would it paste a function, for loop, a switch,  and/or a if

template into the code?

Type Ctrl-J and you'll see a list of templates. Choose one and hit enter.
Alternatively you can type a keyword such as 'for' and hit Ctrl-J and it
will show you the matching templates and/or automatically insert the
template.

--
Kent (TeamB and TurboPower Software)

Re:Changing And Activating The Code Template (Code Insight)

I'm always a day late and a dollar short! Today I discovered this in
your book under "Specialized Editor Features". Sorry, the story of my
life.

> Type Ctrl-J and you'll see a list of templates. Choose one and hit
enter.
> Alternatively you can type a keyword such as 'for' and hit Ctrl-J
and it
> will show you the matching templates and/or automatically insert
the
> template.

Other Threads