Complete rebuilds of packages under BCB4?

When working with packages under BCB4, files are displayed in a new
Package Window which contains all of the constituent files.  The window
contains Compile, Add and Remove buttons (et.al), but I don't see any
provision for performing a complete package rebuild.  That is, there
doesn't seem to be a Rebuild All mechanism.

The Compile button obviously performs a make on the package - but this
is not sufficient in many instances.  Isn't there a way to force a full
package rebuild?  This was no problem under 3.0!

Jim Henderson
jhender...@innovative-dsp.com

Re:Complete rebuilds of packages under BCB4?

Select the 'contains' folder and press your right mouse button. On the
popup menu the option to build is there. In BCB 3 you did not have the
new and spiffy Package Editor that was added to Delphi and BCB 4 (if
this is a good or bad thing is debatable... I personally vote bad though
I'm sure someone has some compelling reason to prefer the new model).

Anduin Withers
borland.com

"J. Henderson" wrote:

> When working with packages under BCB4, files are displayed in a new
> Package Window which contains all of the constituent files.  The window
> contains Compile, Add and Remove buttons (et.al), but I don't see any
> provision for performing a complete package rebuild.  That is, there
> doesn't seem to be a Rebuild All mechanism.

> The Compile button obviously performs a make on the package - but this
> is not sufficient in many instances.  Isn't there a way to force a full
> package rebuild?  This was no problem under 3.0!

> Jim Henderson
> jhender...@innovative-dsp.com

Other Threads