yet another packages linking problem (SPARELIBS)

Hi,

I have an application that used to use some components from package
Indy60. Now I've removed every component. Then, I removed all include
and library paths to X from project options. I build with runtime
packages and do not use dynamic RTL. Then I edit the Project Option
Source. Here, I removed the LIB reference from SPARELIBS. I save this
page, edit Project Options and choose OK. Then the LIB is also removed
from LIBRARIES.

Now everything looks fine, but when I build the app, the LIB reference
is put back in LIBRARIES and SPARELIBS. This gives a linker error.

I supose somewhere in the dark is a luring reference to the LIB but I
cannot find nor remove it.
What can I do to link my app?

Wim

Re:yet another packages linking problem (SPARELIBS)

What works for me:
1) Exit from Builder.
2) Editing the project file in a text editor e.g. Notepad and removing the
appropriate entriess in LIBRARIES and SPARELIBS.
3) Restarting Builder and recompiling

"Chris Harvey" <chhar...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> What works for me:
> 1) Exit from Builder.
> 2) Editing the project file in a text editor e.g. Notepad and
removing the
> appropriate entriess in LIBRARIES and SPARELIBS.
> 3) Restarting Builder and recompiling

This does not work for me. The IDE puts the LIB's back.
When editing the project option source within the IDE, you should only
remove the entries in the SPARELIBS section. Then edit the project
options and choose OK. If your application doesn't use the LIB then
the IDE will also remove the entry from the LIBRARIES section.

But I've found one particular thing that solves my problem. In my
application I include a header file that is part of a package. I don't
use the file but the include is still present. This makes the IDE
believes that I will use the package and therefore put the reference
back into the project option source.

What I want to know, how does the IDE 'knows' the header file is
(also) part of the package? I did not have the include or library
paths point to the package dir. I have a copy of this header file in
my applications source path.

Wim

Other Threads