Help! Static linking and BORLNDMM.DLL

Still using BCB3 Prof.

I include memmgr.lib in my DLL and EXE projects and distribute
borlndmm.dll with my modules.
Dynamic RTL and runtime packages are OFF.

Problem: EXE and DLL are NOT using borlndmm.dll!
(Check with tdump -em.)

How can I make it work? I don't want to use dynamic RTL!

Is it a problem of BCB3?
Does it work with BCB5? Can anybody test it for me?

Thanks in advance!
Karl

Re:Help! Static linking and BORLNDMM.DLL

When you turn off both Dynamic RTL and Runtime Packages, all the necessary
libraries are statically linked into the program itself so the external DLL
files are not needed at all.

Gambit

"Karl Wendel" <Karwen...@freakmail.de> wrote in message

> I include memmgr.lib in my DLL and EXE projects and distribute
> borlndmm.dll with my modules.
> Dynamic RTL and runtime packages are OFF.

> Problem: EXE and DLL are NOT using borlndmm.dll!
> (Check with tdump -em.)

> How can I make it work? I don't want to use dynamic RTL!

Re:Help! Static linking and BORLNDMM.DLL

I had the same problem with you. I was using packages which where compiled
with dynamic RTL on. So your program may not need borlndmm.dll but the bpls
you use may do. Since I didn't have the sources for all the packages I ended
up distributing the needed RTLs because I didn't want to static link RTLs
and packages. This would make a HUGE executable and since I'm using web
update I prefered the small seperate components.

Kyris

Remy Lebeau wrote:

> When you turn off both Dynamic RTL and Runtime Packages, all the necessary
> libraries are statically linked into the program itself so the external DLL
> files are not needed at all.

> Gambit

I DO NEED borlndmm.dll to exchange data between my EXE and my
application DLLs!
Exe and DLLs itself have to statically linked. All I want to do is what
is
described in the project file of a DLL-project.

Karl

> "Karl Wendel" <Karwen...@freakmail.de> wrote in message

> > I include memmgr.lib in my DLL and EXE projects and distribute
> > borlndmm.dll with my modules.
> > Dynamic RTL and runtime packages are OFF.

> > Problem: EXE and DLL are NOT using borlndmm.dll!
> > (Check with tdump -em.)

> > How can I make it work? I don't want to use dynamic RTL!

Re:Help! Static linking and BORLNDMM.DLL

Since I've always used shared memory in my DLLs for exchanging data,
borlndmm.dll was never an issue for me.

> I DO NEED borlndmm.dll to exchange data between my EXE and my
> application DLLs!

Other Threads