How could I rebuild library of TDBNavigator in BCB5?

I had changed the icon of TDBNavigator by editing the dbctrls.res. Question is how could I rebuild it?

Re:How could I rebuild library of TDBNavigator in BCB5?

You don't.  The core VCL files are not recompilable, so you have to place
your changes into a new unit or new component and use that instead.

Gambit

Garfield_Max <jsw...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3b4d8bf5$1_2@dnews...
> I had changed the icon of TDBNavigator by editing the dbctrls.res.
Question
> is how could I rebuild it?

Re:How could I rebuild library of TDBNavigator in BCB5?

But I could do it in BCB 1.0. The menu item [Component]->Rebuild Library.
Max

"Remy Lebeau" <gambi...@gte.net> wrote:
>You don't.  The core VCL files are not recompilable, so you have to place
>your changes into a new unit or new component and use that instead.

>Gambit

>Garfield_Max <jsw...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3b4d8bf5$1_2@dnews...

>> I had changed the icon of TDBNavigator by editing the dbctrls.res.
>Question
>> is how could I rebuild it?

Re:How could I rebuild library of TDBNavigator in BCB5?

And you couldn't distribute that library to any machine and affect anyone else's
application since everything was statically linked in.  If everyone could
rebuild their custom vcl50.bpl you'd have Dll hell that is why the license
agreement forbids it and Borland doesn't supply everything needed to rebuild
them.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   I don't think there are any Russians
(Please do not email    And there ain't no Yanks

Other Threads