Problems importing VB OCXs into BCB5

Following on from Allen Segall's message dated 14/06/00....

I also have problems using an OCX with BCB 4 / 5  but which works fine with
MS VB and Visual C++

With BCB 4 (+ both SPs) the package is installed OK and the 4 components
appear on the pallette.
However when I try to place them on a form I get HR Check errors in the TLB
header file, some of
which also crash Builder.

In BCB 5, the package is installed OK but no components are registered or
visible on the pallete
Any bright ideas or am I going to have to use VB?

Thanks in anticipation

Chris

Re:Problems importing VB OCXs into BCB5

Hi Chris,

> In BCB 5, the package is installed OK but no components are registered or
> visible on the pallete

I think in BCB4 the CAN_CREATE flag was ignored so CAN_CREATE->false
controls
were still installed. With BCB5, you can use the the -Yu "over-ride
CAN_CREATE"
switch with the downloadable tlibimp:

www.burble.org/aphrael/borland/borland.html

(this site is from a message from Robert West in this newsgroup)

--Craig

Re:Problems importing VB OCXs into BCB5

I've downloaded and replaced the supplimentary files as referenced on
www.burble.org/aphrael/borland/borland.html, however, the problems still
exists.  I have a dirt simple OCX I created in VB6 (SP4) and when I try
importing it.... no icon on the pallette.

Exactly what else do I need to do?  Where exactly would I override a switch
in the compiler if I need to do that?

Thanks,

Allen Segall
(SoftInterface, Inc.)

Craig Farrell <cNO_SPAM.please.farr...@insprise.com> wrote in message

> Hi Chris,

> > In BCB 5, the package is installed OK but no components are registered
or
> > visible on the pallete

> I think in BCB4 the CAN_CREATE flag was ignored so CAN_CREATE->false
> controls
> were still installed. With BCB5, you can use the the -Yu "over-ride
> CAN_CREATE"
> switch with the downloadable tlibimp:

> www.burble.org/aphrael/borland/borland.html

> (this site is from a message from Robert West in this newsgroup)

> --Craig

Other Threads