Finding ip address from mac address

i'm doing a project which requires a wireless camera(D-Link
DCS-1000W). The camera's mac address doesn't change but the ip address
changes. Is there a way which i could find the ip address?

P.S. could arp solve the problem? if so, how can i go on doing it?

Thanks in advance,

KiaN

Re:Finding ip address from mac address

I do think that you would have to connect to a DHCP server for that..
i could be wrong but i think there are commands to echo back ip addresses
for the given mac address.
KiaN wrote:
> i'm doing a project which requires a wireless camera(D-Link
> DCS-1000W). The camera's mac address doesn't change but the ip address
> changes. Is there a way which i could find the ip address?

> P.S. could arp solve the problem? if so, how can i go on doing it?

> Thanks in advance,

> KiaN

Re:Finding ip address from mac address

i'm using a wireless router with a DHCP server. The router would then
assign an ip address to the wireless camera
Maynard Philbrook <jami...@mindspring.com> wrote in message <news:3DEB8849.9397AD66@mindspring.com>...
> I do think that you would have to connect to a DHCP server for that..
> i could be wrong but i think there are commands to echo back ip addresses
> for the given mac address.

Other Threads