Making ActiveX functions callable through COM

What's the best way to make the function calls of an ActiveX object callable
through COM?  That is, if I have an application "App" (a COM server), which
has ActiveX object "Ax", which in turn has function "func", I'd like to be
able to call "App.Ax.func" or just "App.func" through COM (e.g. through VB
Script).  I've got an ActiveX object with a lot of functions that I'd like
to make available through scripting.  I'd rather not need to re-do the
functions (methods) in the type library of every app in which I include the
ActiveX object.  What's the best way (or any way short of duplicating all
the calls...) to do this?

TIA

Re:Making ActiveX functions callable through COM

Hi

As far as I know scripts use ActiveX's interface (IDispatch).
you can check the msdn (msdn.microsoft.com) for an example.

Asaf

"Mike Baden" <mikeba...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> What's the best way to make the function calls of an ActiveX object
callable
> through COM?  That is, if I have an application "App" (a COM server),
which
> has ActiveX object "Ax", which in turn has function "func", I'd like to be
> able to call "App.Ax.func" or just "App.func" through COM (e.g. through VB
> Script).  I've got an ActiveX object with a lot of functions that I'd like
> to make available through scripting.  I'd rather not need to re-do the
> functions (methods) in the type library of every app in which I include
the
> ActiveX object.  What's the best way (or any way short of duplicating all
> the calls...) to do this?

> TIA

Other Threads