app crashing on other computers than the one with BCB installed

Hi all,
I have some apps compiled with BCB6 and they work just fine.

But another one works fine only on the computer where BCB is installed. On
other systems if makes W98 generate a 0E exception in VWIN32 VXD (blue
screen).

The app is statically linked and does not use rtl.
It is basically a (blocking) socket server.
I have traced the crash point to the instantiation of the
TServerClientThread descendant.
This TServerClientThread descendant instantiates a data module in each
thread.

I have taken the software on a W2000 system, recompiled and it works just
fine, (of course BCB is installed there too)

What could cause this crash ? Can it be an older version of the winsock.dll
?

TIA

Claudiu

Re:app crashing on other computers than the one with BCB installed

The BDE alias on the target system was not set up
Yet I would have expected some BCB exception thrown instead of the blue
screen.

Claudiu

"Claudiu Balciza" <cbalc...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hi all,
> I have some apps compiled with BCB6 and they work just fine.

> But another one works fine only on the computer where BCB is installed. On
> other systems if makes W98 generate a 0E exception in VWIN32 VXD (blue
> screen).

> The app is statically linked and does not use rtl.
> It is basically a (blocking) socket server.
> I have traced the crash point to the instantiation of the
> TServerClientThread descendant.
> This TServerClientThread descendant instantiates a data module in each
> thread.

> I have taken the software on a W2000 system, recompiled and it works just
> fine, (of course BCB is installed there too)

> What could cause this crash ? Can it be an older version of the
winsock.dll
> ?

> TIA

> Claudiu